Friday, October 17, 2014

A Patriotic Garden Palette


As I pulled into the driveway this afternoon I couldn't help but notice a patriotic little combo residing in my garden.

 
 Red Pentas

 The penta flowers are one of the greatest annuals for our southern climate.  They need zero care.  I've done nothing to them since I planted them last spring and they have filled in and grown super tall.  They were a source of constant color with no deadheading required.  As an extra bonus they attract hummingbirds and butterflies.
Three cheers for pentas !!!
 

White Camellias

The beautiful camellia sasanquas are a fall blooming plant.
Soon enough the garden flowers will be lost to frost.  Boo Hoo!
That thought makes the camellias even more welcome and appreciated.


  Heavenly Blue Morning Glory

It seems a year doesn't go by where I don't have to sneak one of these into a post.  What can I say.... love that gorgeous shade of blue.  In fact, it reminds me of...

 
Wasn't it nice of that jet to fly by as I pointed my camera at the blue sky?
We're in for a picture perfect weekend here.
Hoping for a lot of outside time and time to do some blog hopping.
I've fallen way behind in that department and I need to see what you've all been up to.

In the meantime, I wish you blue skies and happiness this weekend.





9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the peek at the Heavenly Blue. I didn't plant one this year and I missed it. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time of year is a true bonus! I love your patriotic garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that your garden is still so full of lovely things! You have your own "drive-by" beauty going on there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think "Pentas" are my type of flower. Maybe, they would grow for me...maybe. The "White Camellias" are exceptionally gorgeous! Your flowers continue to bloom beautifully, even though it is mid-October. I never tire of your garden pictures! Enjoy your weekend. Our weather is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that shade of blue. Your garden is so pretty.
    We've a rainy day here. Enjoy your sunny one. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, this is wonderful! Thank you for sharing it. Oh, aren't the heavenly blue morning glories heavenly? I used to have them along the fence in the backyard of my former home. And, yes, you certainly got a good picture there with the jet streaming by :)

    Blessings for a heavenly day,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only tried pentas in pots - but next Summer I'll try planting in the beds.
    Your camellia is beautiful and, like you, I do have some heavenly blues still peeking out each morning.

    Happy weekend Kim - such beautiful weather.
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blooms for this time of the year! Enjoy your blues skies and sunshine over the weekend (ours isn't quite so perfect right now)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim,

    Your flowers are gorgeous!! I'm not familiar with the Pentas; I'll have to remember these for next year. :) This is truly a patriotic combination and I'm glad you shared the pictures with us. I, too, love that beautiful color of morning glory. It's an exquisite shade of blue.

    Thanks for your visit today my friend -- hope you have a wonderful week!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.