Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Autumn Garden

 The frost isn't on the pumpkin. . . yet!
Apparently we will wake up to a far reaching arctic blast. 
In watching the news reports, I know that it won't be nearly as harsh for us as it is for many to the north and west of us.
What I do know is that the countdown is on until the frost is on the pumpkin and the flowers too.
So, today, on this mild autumn day, I invite you to stroll with me through the autumn garden.


 Although there are many leaves carpeting the lawn,

 the trees are still sporting their autumn wardrobe.
I think the colors coordinate so well with the crystal clear blue sky.

Yellow with a hint of blue.  Yes please!!

 
Orange tipped leaves?  
Oui Oui!!

 
The new landscaping around the pond provides interesting texture in the form of ferns and grasses.  I love that pink muhly grass.  It looks a bit like a pink cloud.  The little Japanese Maples are also a nice contrast to the greens that are so prominent in the garden.

New camellia bushes are loaded with big plump buds.
This one is looking rather promising as it begins to open.

Encore Azaleas are providing a nice pop of color.
Until this year our azaleas had been limited to the spring blooming varieties.  I've been pleased with the performance of this encore variety.  Now we get to enjoy them for three seasons instead of just one.

It probably comes as no surprise that I would pair up yellow pansies with a blue flowerpot. :-).

 
Well, I could continue on and on with garden wandering, but I don't want to bore you.  Instead, I offer you the last rose of the season.  In this month of giving thanks, I wish to thank you ever so much for your visits and your friendship and your kindness.
It means so much to me.

No matter what you may be facing in life right now,
I wish you peace and contentment.

 

10 comments:

  1. It's so cold here in Dallas that we are shocked. It was only about 38 today and will freeze tonight. I think good byes are in order for everything that's still blooming in my yard. Yours still looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are truly lovely!! Winter seems to have come to the coast of B.C. as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kim, thanks for the lovely walk around the garden. A three-season azalea would be amazing. Thing are a little chilly here these days, too, and most of our leaves have fallen, making a wonderful carpet in the woods.
    Stay cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still so pretty around by you and I enjoyed the walk through your garden. All flowers gone around here and tomorrow it is supposed to snow and only be in the 30's. Looks like a cold morning walk for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pleasant walk around in your beautiful garden...the colors are still glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim, lovely garden walk, all still looking so colorful and pretty. Love the cobalt blue pot with yellow pansies. Yes, those delicate puffy pink grasses are beautiful - they seem quite popular here in NC now. I think the Encore azaleas have never been better than this year - so many blooming right now but after tomorrow night we may lose them.

    Enjoy what's left, winter is on it's way!
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, I enjoyed the walk with you through your garden. Oh, I especially loved the autumn colored leaves...I miss that. We are also expecting the arctic blast here in SE Texas. Real wintery weather! I love it with hot tea. Tonight it's chamomile/ginger.

    Sleep tight,
    Marianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is very cold here and overcast. I am so thankful I visited your blog today, because it gifted me with a huge dose of beauty, and a warm feeling in my heart. Thank you Kim! Every picture was a gift to me. Thank you for being a blessing to me and to so many.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim
    Everything looks lovely. We are having lots of rain today that is doing a very through job of trying to get the remainder of the leaves off the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still seeing a lot of color there! And your camellia bush seems a little confused. Our trees are almost bare and the last 3 rose buds came off with the fall pruning. The next season is fast approaching. =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.