Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Since Last We Met

 When Brett went off on a business trip with my laptop (aka:  command central for all blogging activity) I wasn't too concerned.  After all, it was only supposed to be for a few days.  When it became apparent that the trip was going to be extended, I started to get a bit itchy and twitchy.  Ha!  I guess that's what happens when the blogging groove is interrupted for too long.  The next best thing was to keep snapping the moments.  Like a shot from Mother's Day which also happened to be my two son's birthdays.  Lots to celebrate that day :D.


 Right after that I had a visit from an eager little helper.


Each morning he was all too happy to help me keep up with the lettuce harvest.

 He has a great work ethic except for the occasional slowing of production to observe a passing jet.


 Much to my delight the first blooms of the "Double Delight" rose appeared.

As did the first hydrangeas.

 Meanwhile, my little helper happily fed Peanut every day.
Gotta love their enthusiasm at this age.


In the kitchen, great amounts of vegetables were prepped and consumed.

And many new-to-me recipes and ingredients were put to the test.
Here a sweet potato pie with an oatmeal/pecan based crust met with rave reviews.
My interest in a whole food approach to eating was just intensified after completing this workshop .  So well done by Heather who has the lovely blog Beauty That Moves.  

Now that the hubby has returned with the laptop, I plan to get around to visit with you.  I feel hopelessly behind at this point, but will do my best to catch up.



15 comments:

  1. Sounds like simple, wonderful days. I often think I should walk away from the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one thing to not wish to blog, but quite another when one can not blog. Glad the laptop is home and your husband, too, of course. Wow. Not many mothers could wish two children happy birthday on Mother's Day. That must happen with a pleasant regularity through the years. Your little lettuce harvester is so cute with his binky and big brown? blue? hazel? eyes. Very observant little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, Kim! What a cute little helper you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cool that both your sons have the same birthday.
    My daughters ex-husband and his brother had the same birthday also and just one year apart.
    Jaxson has gotten so big. What a great little helper.
    That lettuce is coming along great. I'm going to plant some in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had some great company while your husband was away. That rose is gorgeous, and the hydrangea equally so. Love your little helper's MVP shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my that pie! makes me drool... Im mean hungry!
    sweet little grandboy!
    have a great day
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  7. When those little ones are around to help...it's more fun to play with them! Off to see about the healthy living link! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful sweet post, Kim, your flowers are beautiful, my hydrangeas haven't bloomed yet, but are budding!
    you have an adorable helper there,!
    Thanks for sharing,
    have a blessed Memorial Day weekend,
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy to see your post today. Your little guy sure is growing up quickly! I think its fun that your boys have the same birthday. Wondering how they felt about it while growing up!
    Have a nice weekend Kim
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are your sons twins? And the grandbaby got so big! Your pie looks wonderful. I just bought sweet potatoes today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara,
      My boys are not twins. They were born on the same day two years apart.

      Delete
  11. Good day, Kim! Yes, I was wondering, also, if your sons were twins. If they aren't you certainly have great birth timing :)

    It sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day, and your little helper is a doll. Yes, they are so willing at that age...and so sweet. You are very blessed to have such a lovely family.

    Looking forward to more lovely posts from you.

    Blessings,
    Marianne xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you got your lap top back! You have very handsome sons! My oldest was born the day after Mother's Day. Such a great and memorable "Mother's Day gifts." Great timing having two babies on the same day two years apart! I love the flowers and the pie looks delicious. Enjoy the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That pot of lettuce is amazing and what a sweet little helper you have. That pie looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was so good to visit you here again! I find it most interesting that your two handsome sons were both born on Mother's Day. How did you plan that? It is a great reminder to each of you to celebrate together. I liked seeing your precious little helper in his lettuce watering, and had to smile at his distractions. The picture of the peppers and the "Double Delight" rose were exceptional! I also want to thank you for introducing me to the blog you found. I really enjoyed my visit there, and look forward to more.
    It is so good to have you back again!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.