Sunday, October 18, 2015

An October Moment


Today was a day for being inside and outside.
Mostly outside trying to put the summer garden to bed and planting new things for fall color.  Around here that translates to plenty of pansies, mums and some cool weather crops in my petite veggie garden.  
When choosing pansies I look for ones that complement the fall landscape and will also look fitting once spring rolls around.  I'm thinking this "Matrix Morpheus" variety will look just as nice with Tulips and Easter eggs as it does with the brilliant fall colors currently coming into view.
 

Speaking of fall colors...
While zipping past the dining room window this afternoon, I caught a glimpse of color out of the corner of me eye.  It made me stop and take notice.  
October seems to offer a lot of moments like that and I look forward to enjoying every one of them.  How about you? 





8 comments:

  1. I have one lonely pansy blooming and I am hoping to keep it going into November. I think it is wonderful that you can keep them going all through the winter and into spring. Is it too hot there to grow them in summer? Your hydrangea is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are on their last leg once May rolls around. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that October is a lovely month. Your pansy is so pretty. I have some still growing and blooming from last fall, but I'm afraid they are looking straggly. I hope to get some more before it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this October....especially this week. It's finally cooling off in Texas. We don't look out our windows and see those colors but I'll enjoy yours. Looking forward to planting some pansies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The outdoors are so stunning right now. I know the leaves are going to fall soon (weep!) but for now it is golden outside! Your tree looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its been a beautiful month around here, but now the leaves are falling fast and last night we had a heavy frost and all the flowers are gone now.
    Your pansy is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pansies...both in fall and spring. I pulled out a whole bed of petunias and planted winter pansies as well...for now and for spring.

    I'm just catching up on missed blog posts...and can't believe how your Jaxson has grown! Enjoy every moment...the grow up far too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty pansies. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my slow cooker chicken chile.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.