Thursday, April 21, 2016

A Delightful Day in the Garden





Last week, it was all about the strawberries.
While they are still growing and ripening, this week's story seems to be all about the "Double Delight" tea rose.
I was delighted to discover three blooms had opened just in time for my birthday.  I cut myself a little "happy birthday to me" bouquet and have been enjoying them on the kitchen counter all week. 


I think that the organic fertilizer I applied back here  worked like a charm.  I've never had such huge blooms and I've never had so many blooms.  Delightful!!

 When I went out to take pictures of the roses, I couldn't help but notice the first peony of the season.
This truly is a delightful time to be in the garden.
 
 


12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. I hope you had a very special one. I loved the Double Delight rose and mine has been blooming like crazy. Yours is very beautiful.

    Enjoy your weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Kim! I hope your birthday was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!
    What stunning rose photos. I love the color

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a delightful birthday!! That Double Delight Rose is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flowers, and belated happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your roses are so pretty, and I love the color. The peony is lovely as well. Happy Birthday to you, Kim.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Kim. : ) Your flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful blooms indeed. Belated birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rone Tone eh? I must write that down. I have been looking at the fine particulars of Neem Oil with all the pests we have down here in the holler. Nothing about gardening is easy. You are a fine gardener...just look at the size of that rose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am most jealous of anyone who has peonies. These have escaped my garden over the years! I really don't have enough full sun spots... and the ones I had planted at one time didn't make it! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, That rose is so pretty. My husband brings me once in awhile. We just took out our rose bush circle but I still have a little climbing rose left. Hope it grows fast! Love peonies but I don't have any. Pink is my favorite color for flowers!! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. My word, that rose is outdoing itself!! Just gorgeous. And, peonies are my favorite but I was never able to grow them for some reason. Yours is doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.