Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Sticking My Toes Back Into the Blogging Pool


It seems that once you start straying from the blog world, it's easier and easier to drift away completely.  At least that has been my experience these past few weeks.  With no intention of doing so, I found it a little harder each day to muster the enthusiasm for picking up the camera and sitting down to conjure up a post.  After 8 years here, I'm sure it has all been shared and shown and said.
On the other hand, after all the history we've made together in this wonderful world of blog, how does one just drift away?
 That feels completely wrong.
So, for today I'm sticking my toes back in to the blogging pool and since it's summer now the toes are celebrating the season.

Speaking of celebrating,  a special little someone had a birthday recently.
I was honored to be asked to make the carrot cake.
Not exactly the typical themed birthday cake one might expect for a child.

But, with the addition of a candle to blow out, he didn't seem to notice.

A recent trip to Florida afforded us with the opportunity to snap  a four generation photo.  
 
Although great grandpa's hands are becoming weaker, they showed great strength in holding onto a somewhat wiggly little boy.
 
 
We came home to changes in the garden.
The tomatoes and cukes are ripening and the perennials are popping!  The lawn, on the other hand, is browning up nicely :(.
Those berries in the top left above are a mystery to me.  They're growing on one of the scrubby trees between our house and the next door neighbor's house.  I don't have a clue what kind of tree it is, but the berries sure are pretty.  Although I wouldn't suggest parking your car under them.


Anybody know what kind of tree this is?
Maybe those berries are edible and we've been missing out all these years.  Then again, maybe not.  I'm not about to try them until I know what they are.

Well, I've gotta say it's feeling pretty good to be back in the pool.
I've missed you and plan to get back to visiting soon.
In the meantime...
Happy, Happy, Happy Summer!!


Beep Beep!

12 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back, Kim. I've been missing a bit, too. Life gets busy sometimes and it's just fine to step out of the pool for awhile. Your family get togethers look very special. I have no idea what those berries might be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of Blogdom has been missing in action. The usual slowdown perhaps; hopefully, nothing more earth-shaking than that. How can that child already be three?! He is such a cutie pie and I know that he brings the family much joy. The four-generation picture is a treasure and look at all the love and the connections that show between the generations. That is very special and a wonderful heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! You are one of many to have strayed from the fold . . . Lovely post from you and the four- generation photograph is a real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back sometimes we all need a break. The berries look like Elderberries we have them here in the Catskills but not this early.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim! Aw! Your four generation photo is GREAT!
    Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cake--no matter what kind--is always better with a candle on it. How sweet! Oh, to be 3 again. Well, maybe not-LOL!! Though I like naps and cake, I don't want to deal with school all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are back. You are right though, the longer away the harder it is to sit down and write a post. Funny, I've got a tree covered in black berries that I don't know what kind it is. I had planned to post a picture tomorrow and ask for help. You tree, the leaves anyway, looks a little like wild cherries to me. I really don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's such a busy time for everyone. Looks like you've had lots of quality family time. I'm so glad. Not sure where you were in FL...but it's HOT here...that's for sure! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see a post from you. Amazing that Jaxson is three!!
    Lovely to see the four generations. : )
    I've seen the berries and the tree but sorry don't know what is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The birthday boy is so cute. And a 4 generation picture is really special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too have drifted a bit from blogging. and you're right, sometimes it feels like we've shared and said everything many times over! But dont you miss your bloggy friends when they disappear for a while? we just like to know what everyone is up too.
    Have a great weekend
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you are back for a visit in blog land. I know that I post quite a bit less than I did a few years back. Looks like you are having a good summer. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.