Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Best Buddies



Spring has sprung with the most beautiful weather here in NC.
I had hoped to be outside snapping springy pictures for the blog, but life had different plans.
A sick doggy was diagnosed with kidney failure along with several other problems.
I now understand the saying about dogs being like one of the children.
Four days in the emergency pet hospital with high hopes of improving those numbers enough to keep her well enough.
The numbers didn't change, yet the vet felt she could come home and be monitored until she tells us she is ready.
I'm not sure we will ever be ready:(.
Brett has become especially close to Peanut.
They are best buddies.
So, when he went from perfectly healthy to sick as a ... dog in a matter of hours I couldn't help but wonder about the way things happen.
The sick doggy is home from the hospital.
Brett is in the hospital awaiting surgery tomorrow.
I am, once again, reminded of how quickly things can change.



7 comments:

  1. What?! I had to read that twice. Saying a prayer for Brett that his surgery will go very well and that he'll heal soon. Saying a prayer for Peanut, too. Oh and, of course, I am asking God to give you an extra measure of peace, calm, and comfort. Love to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peeking back in just to let you know that you folks are still very much on my mind and in my prayers.

      Delete
  2. Oh, poor little Peanut. I do hope she will be okay for a while longer. I hope that Brett's surgery will be successful and his healing quick. Sending hugs of comfort and blessings of strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sad about little Peanut. You will know when it's time.
    I pray all goes well with Brett's surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Brett's surgery goes well and that little Peanut has a few more months to enjoy life. Sending positive and comforting thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, I am so sorry. Sure hope Brett's surgery goes well. I fully understand about little peanut being like one of the children. It is such a hard thing to go through. Things can change so quickly. We just don't know from day to day. I'll be thinking about you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh Kim, I'm so sorry to read this. I sure hope Brett's surgery went well, and I hate to hear that Peanut is so sick. Dogs sure can break our hearts, can't they? Thinking of you and hoping for the best.

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.