Friday, April 14, 2017

Simple Joys on this Easter Weekend


Good Morning to you!
I hope you are doing well on this Good Friday morning.
As for me, I should be upstairs doing my exercise.  It's been too long since I've done my bicep curls and it's time to get back to it and work on strengthening up those arms and legs and anything else that can be strengthened.

I also should be locating a recipe to round out the Easter menu so that I can work up a grocery list before I head to the hair salon for a much needed cut and color.


Instead, I sit here in my little nest sipping coffee and acting as though I have all the time in the world.
The day has dawned so beautifully that it makes me want to head outside and stay there.  That will have to come later this afternoon.
But for now, until the coffee cup is empty, let's act like there is no schedule and have a little chat.

Perhaps I am still operating on babysitting Jaxson time where it was refreshing to see life unfold with no regard for time and schedules.  While not practical for we adults, it was fun to see him go from one thing to the next just enjoying the process.
Anyhow, one of the days we were together the weather was uncooperative for outdoor activities.  Before the rain started, he and I visited the garden to collect some fallen branches.  I had no idea this could be so exciting, yet to him it was.
The excitement continued as we worked together to construct an indoor Easter tree.
Once complete he found such joy in showing it to his daddy and grandpa.

His joy in this simple project was a tonic to me.
At a time when I was not feeling the love for Easter decorating, his wonder and excitement was contagious.


The process of spreading springtime cheer went from drudgery to joy.

It was fun to re-visit some of my vintage Easter treasures.

The lovely pastels have always been my favorites.

As the outdoor world unfolds with color, it is a joy to perk up the indoor landscape with beautiful springtime hues.

As much as I would enjoy chatting longer . . .

I really must get to work.

If I don't talk to you before,
I send my very best wishes for a
Happy Easter!!






9 comments:

  1. A sweet post, Kim. It's good to take the time to enjoy the little things in life, like coffee/tea in the sunshine. Our lives can be overwhelmed with activity.
    Easter Joy to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun to watch the little ones discover all these delights, isn't it?
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun the two of you had. : ) Wonderful memories for the both of you.
    Love all your little spring decorating touches.
    The glimpses we get of your lovely home are just beautiful. I'd love to take a tour of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes when we're just sitting in our house, feeling peaceful and looking at all the pretty things, we just want to sit and relish those moments for as long as possible, right? Wishing you and your family a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little ones can bring such joy---and good reminders to notice the little things that make life so wonderful.
    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter, Kim! Your home is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a collection of pretty pastel Easter decorations. It's great to see the joy of simple things through the eyes of little ones. Have a blessed Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Children's enthusiasm and joy really is infectious. A blessed Easter to you and yours. I am hoping that I'll be ready at 1:00 and I am sure that you won't be late.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.