Sunday, May 21, 2017

Springtime Garden Love




I love this time of year when the hydrangeas put on their finest show.  Although they will bloom on and off a bit throughout the summer, it is now that they give it all they've got.

This shade of blue just might be the most beautiful of all to my eye.

But then, the tinge of blue now appearing on the bluebird babies...
well, that's pretty nice too.  I believe it will be any day now that they leave the safety of their wee little house.  Soon they will be soaring through the big blue sky.  It has been a joy to observe their entry into the world. 

Getting back to the hydrangeas...
Just when I think the blue are the loveliest shade in the garden, I turn to see this.  The varying shades of pinks, lavenders and even blue all on one plant make me stop and wonder how it is possible to pick a favorite.  In my book, hydrangeas=LOVE.

I think a heart shaped hydrangea falls into the
LOVE
LOVE
LOVE
category.



What are you loving in your garden today?







11 comments:

  1. Hydrangeas are my favorite flower but we didn't plant any here...not sure they do well in the heat. My roses are blooming like crazy though and I have a few in little bud vases to enjoy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue ones but the pinks and lavenders are my favorite. That last picture is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are obviously way ahead of this area because my Hydrangeas are just leafing out. Yours are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, your Hydrangeas are breathtaking! I love mine, but those gorgeous blue and pinks do not grow well here. I usually enjoy a small one in a pot.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hydrangeas are so pretty. Mine are just starting to break through the ground. I only get a few blooms on the ones in my yard. Don't know what is wrong with them.
    Not much blooming here yet but the daisies and cone flowers are all starting to come up.
    Yesterday I picked some asparagus and cooked it in a bit of butter and ate them with supper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing quite this LOVEly! The azaleas are past and the daffodils are going. I have a lone tulip that I am eager to see because of its design.

    Your hydrangeas are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hydrangeas are beautiful. Mine are still tiny with just a few green leaves on them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hydrangeas. Had one blue one outside my backdoor at my first little blue house in Georgia many years ago. :) They don't survive here but I've seen in the past couple of years that florists are still bringing them in and people are putting them out in pots during the winter. Spring left us a while back. 8:30 am and its already 95 F. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lucky you are to have your hydrangeas bloom in blue! Our soil is too alkaline here, we only get pink. But pink is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your beautiful hydrangeas Kim. Definitely my favorite flower. Unfortunately I've had no luck with them at all where I live. So I will enjoy viewing them on your blog :-)
    Have a great day
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous and HAPPY post, Kim! Oh, those baby birds! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.