Saturday, December 16, 2017

Unconditional Love in a Fur Coat


Thank you to those of you who took the time to enlighten me on your photo storage methods.  I've decided to store my photos for blogging on the computer.  I'll just have to play around with the editing as it is different than what I did in Picassa.  Sounds like a good project for the new year. 
Anyhow, in revisiting many of my old blog photos, it has occurred to me that a blog is many things.
A place to share with others, a way to appreciate the small things in life, a place to record events in your daily life and perhaps, most important of all, a place to share what's on your mind or in your heart.  On that note, a bit from the heart tonight. . .

This photo from the archives took me right back to this post.
Usually a good sport about her occasional blog features, there were limits :).

She much preferred keeping an eye on my blogging antics from her perch on the top of the chair.

In truth, she was usually happiest cuddled up in snooze mode.

When not snoozing, she was always up for a boat ride.

Walks were always welcomed, no matter what the season.

Swimming... not so much.
Tried it once and couldn't get out of that lake fast enough.


One can learn a lot from their doggy.
Peanut has taught me a few things about being a loyal companion and faithful friend.
I have come to think of her as being unconditional love in a fur coat.  

And, if you are ready to take a break to read a few chapters or catch a few zzzz's, she's your go to gal.  


Christmas has always been her favorite holiday.
It didn't take long for her to catch on to pulling the tissue paper out of the gift bag to reveal her Christmas treat.
A little custom that was soon to be woven into the family traditions.

As much as we had hoped for one more year of that tradition, it wasn't to be.
Peanut's health took a sudden turn.
It didn't take long for us to see that her time had come.
Yesterday, we put on our brave faces and took one last photo by the Christmas tree.

And one last photo at the vet's office.
One last teary hug for our dear pup.

Peanut lived a long and happy life.
Just before her 15th birthday she was diagnosed with kidney failure.  We were lucky and blessed to have had her for another 9 months after that.  The vet was quite surprised that she did that well.

She will be greatly missed around here, but there is comfort in knowing that she is now at peace.




9 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that sweet Peanut is no longer here to snuggle. Our pets become so precious to us and it's very hard to let them go. Your wonderful, happy, fun memories will help you through these coming days Kim, and knowing she is now in a peaceful place is comforting.
    My thoughts are with you.
    Mary -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, what a difficult choice you had to make. My thoughts and prayers for comfort are with you. My daughter was looking at photos of her precious kitty last night and I was glad to see that there were no tears just gratefulness for having had the many years with her. Peanut is always going to be a sweet memory woven into the fabric of your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so, so sorry. Reading this just plunged me into sadness for your loss.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that you'll be missing your Peanut this Christmas. May the memories be sweet and bring comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so sorry to hear about Peanut. That is one of the hardest things to have to do, going to the vet that one last time.
    It made me think of the day we took that trip with my Lab, Sammy Jo. I'd like to think that Peanut and Sammy Jo are running around together up in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no...I am so sorry to hear about Peanut. Even when a pet has lived a long and happy life, it is still so hard to let them go. They are truly part of the family. I have an 18-1/2 year old cat that has cataracts and glaucoma, plus thyroid disease...all managed by medication, but with his age, I know he doesn't have too much longer. And then I just found out this week through various tests that my 8-9 year old female cat has the beginnings of kidney disease. The vet said she only has a couple of more years to live. Every time I look at her, my heart breaks. She is the sweetest kitty and still so active...you wouldn't even know she's sick.

    Sending you much love and a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your you loss, Kim! So glad you took one last photo by the Christmas tree. Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SO sorry for your loss, Kim. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kim, I don't know how I missed this post. I'm so sorry about your sweet Peanut. I hope the memories of her faithful love for you will be a comfort.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.