Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy to be Home



I'm happy to be back home once again. It was a busy few days and we got home late last night. I've got lots of catching up to do around here. It seems like this has been the summer for moving people's belongings. In early summer we moved both of our boys home from college. Most of their stuff ended up in the bonus room. Unfortunately my computer is in that room too. I have been trying to ignore the mess and remind myself that it is only temporary. Now one son's stuff has returned to college with him, but in it's place is some of my mom's stuff. I guess I will have to keep my blinders on a while longer. I'm not sure if I'll ever have the bonus room to call my own again, but if I do I already have plans for turning it into a sanctuary of sorts. A place to exercise, de-stress and most importantly ~ blog. Would you say I have my priorities in order??

Anyhow, I was especially happy to come home and see this had come in the mail:



I love that cute polka dot address label and you know it has to be something good when it says fragile all over the box. Well, not long ago I entered a giveaway that Barbara was having. Look here to read the details. Since I am rarely the winner of anything, I didn't have high hopes. So, I was really thrilled when Barbara contacted me and told me I was the lucky winner. Imagine that - out of 76 entries - I was chosen. I am a huge fan of Christmas decorating (you'll see what I mean in a few months) and I especially love old fashioned Christmas decor. I was really intrigued to find out which of her awesome ornaments Barbara would choose to send to me.

The excitement was mounting as I gently tore into the box. . .



Isn't this perfect?

A happy little home for my Happy Home.

I love it ~ Thank You Barbara.

I will treasure it always.

I have two Christmas trees. One is themed with snowmen and the other is for all of the really special ornaments ~ you know the ones that have been given to me as gifts, have been handmade by friends and family and the ones that have been in the family for years. I have already reserved a spot on this tree for Barbara's sweet little happy home.




How many more days til Christmas??









8 comments:

  1. Hi, Kim! I'm so glad you like your ornament. I know it will celebrate Christmas in the right home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 127 days until Christmas. I have a counter on my CTS blog now. :)

    So nice to see you back. We have something in common with loving to decorate for Christmas and loving an old fashioned look. I have so enjoyed collecting ornaments for my Christmas tree. Bringing them out each year is so fun. They are all new once again each year. I also have a tree with my bobbin lace I make and plan to try making a sewing tree this year. I am going to look forward to seeing your home decorated for the holidays this year!

    Hope all went well both for your son and your mother.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to see you are back! The little house ornament was perfect for you, so cute too. Just think of all that 'stuff' you've got in your bonus room as being closer to the ones you love. Feel their love and energy from their stuff. Maybe you won't mind it so much. Have a great day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! The little house ornament is so cute and perfect for you.

    Christmas!! I don't even want to think about that yet. It comes around much to fast as it is!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Kim, I'll be happy to answer your question about adding a signature. I had to go back to an old post to look at the instructions, but here it is: go to mylivesignature.com and follow this:

    Several of you asked about putting the signature on your blog. I took the instructions someone gave her & did it myself. Go here to My Live Signature and follow the instructions. It's pretty easy, but if you have problems, email me & I'll walk yo through it. It's a wizard-type program & really works easy. You pick the font, color, size & slant, then save it all & it will give you the html code to put on your blog. THEN, you go to Settings, Formatting, and under there you'll see a box that says Post Template. COPY the html code that My Live Signature generates for your signature & paste it in this box. Everytime you open a new post, it will have your signature there. You can edit & change it just the way you want.

    Let me know if you have questions,

    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim,

    Congrats on winning.

    It's nice to celebrate Christmas a little early. Actually, you can celebrate it anyday of the year.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim,

    Thank you so much for your kind comments. They mean a lot.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim,

    I just tagged you for a fun game.

    Stop by Sunbonnet Cottage for directions on how to play.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.