Thursday, June 2, 2011

Since Last Week . . .



There was a ladies luncheon complete with hydrangeas ...


and blue & white table linens.



There was fresh fruit served alongside a croissant filled with Lemon-Tarragon Chicken Salad.  Recipe can be found by clicking here.  If you are looking for a good chicken salad recipe, this one won't disappoint.  I didn't have time to take a picture of it, but it is my new favorite.


The magnolias came into bloom and my nose rejoiced at the soft, sweet scent.



Not far from the magnolias, the Easter lilies opened up.  Despite temperatures in the upper 90s, I made sure to get out there early in the day for a few sniffs. 



A new fountain was purchased.
Hubby saw a lady carrying the same one out of BJ's one day.
Hubby called me and said he thought we needed one.
Hubby has taken a renewed interest in the garden since I took him to the garden walk.  Hubby is a good guy.  I think I'll keep him :).

There was even an impromptu Memorial Day get-together where big cousins went tubing with little cousins, new girlfriends met the parents and the barbecue was put to good use.  The camera, however, was not put to use after the above picture. 

Remember back here when you all so graciously bolstered me up, shared your secrets  and gently nudged me in the right direction when it came to entertaining?  Well, I'm happy to say that since then I've changed my thinking on entertaining.  There have been several occasions that instead of just thinking about it, I've done it and you know what?  It feels good and I plan to do a lot more of it.  Thanks once again for your encouragement.



22 comments:

  1. Oh your fountain is beautiful! I'd be doing backflips over that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are the hostess with the mostess for sure! LOL I love that chicken salad recipe, yum to the nuts in it. The fruit looks so good too. I can't even imagine being surrounded with flowers like this! I would want to just move outside and live on the scent of it all. We are still having so much cold..no flower planting here yet! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a wonderful luncheon to me...from the flowers on the table to the menu!

    And how neat to hear you have taken the 'hospitality plunge'...and are liking it! Open your heart and your home...and the rest will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table setting for the Ladies Luncheon is beautiful, Kim! And I love Tarragon Chicken Salad. I'll have to check your recipe.
    Love your new fountain (you have a very good hubby!)

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cloth napkins! Checks are my thing. And those hydrangeas! I want those blue hydrangeas, and I have yet to be able to keep one alive.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fountain. Everything is so pretty. Glad you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful...I need to check your salad. There is one at Whole Foods and I've been looking for a recipe like it! Thanks, and how nice that you are feeling more like offering hospitality!!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks so lovely! Bravo on the impromptu get together! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so wonderful, Kim, because you seem to be a natural with hostessing and genuinely enjoy it. It's not about the perfect food or dishes, it's about the hospitality. (I am looking for summery recipes so will be following your link.)

    Your hubby suggested the new fountain? How cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks lovely, Kim. I love the fountain, I will have to show that photo to my hubby. :D I will check out the chicken salad recipe, too. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo/hoo, I'm so proud of you for starting to entertain and glad your enjoying it.

    The chicken salad sounds so delicious...the flowers so beautiful, and the fragrance.....perfect!

    Love the fountain.......your hubby is so sweet.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've had a busy Spring! Hasn't the weather been great for outdoor activities! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear you are enjoying the entertaining. I can't keep my house clean long enough to ever invite anyone over. Hot and dusty here today. Yuck! Hope you have a great weekend. Those hydrangeas are beautiful. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Kim, I wish I could have been at your luncheon. What a sweet husband you have! The fountain is darling. Have a nice weekend! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I could have come to your luncheon. Sounds lovely. I love the fruit plate. It looks like art work sitting on that plate.
    Your new fountain so cute!!
    Glad to hear you enjoyed entertaining.
    A happy day to you my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a delightful luncheon... made my mouth water just to think about that fruit and chicken salad. I just may invite some of my lady friends for lunch one day. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kim, Looks like you had a great week. The luncheon sounds nice --and I'd love that chicken salad and fruit.

    Your lilies are gorgeous. Ours are just now trying to open. It's been hot up here on the plateau also --but not as hot as some places...

    Bet the Magnolia blooms are heavenly. I love their scent.

    The new fountain is gorgeous... Your hubby is a 'keeper' for sure.

    Hope this week is being as GOOD to you as last week.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kim, you do such a fantastic job with decorating, and it looks as though you are indeed a very gracious hostess. the chicken salad recipe sounds great too. beautiful hydrangeas. I love the fountain so pretty.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful post full of Summer's goodness!!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  20. A most inspiring post! Your photos are really beautiful - those blooms are perfect.
    As for the luncheon - mouthwatering:-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It surprises me that just a little while ago, you were needing to be inspired to do some entertaining and here you are, sharing an exquisitely beautiful luncheon that you had for some fortunate ladies. Looks like pages right out of my Southern Living Magazine. The fountain is a great find and I like that your husband has taken an interest in gardening with you. I hope that means more pictures. I could almost smell your Magnolias.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.