Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Little Things in November


I've come to the conclusion that when trying to get back in the swing of blogging again, smaller might be the better way to go.
So, with that in mind, I present a few of the small things I noticed today.
Things like:
Turning the page on the calendar to a new month.
When I bought my calendar this year I decided there would be no peeking ahead.
It's very small and rather silly, but now I can hardly wait for the first of the month to see what beauty awaits me.  This Gooseberry Patch calendar has yet to disappoint.


Things like:  a bit of whimsy at the coffee station.
As I continue to edit my holiday collections around here, this little witch is staying put.  From the wart on her nose to the wee little jack o' lantern in her hands, she has endeared herself to me.  I would miss her if she was gone :).  



Things like:  Charming packaging.
This too sits on the coffee station tray.
Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate sounded like the perfect treat for sipping on Halloween night.  Although, I will admit that the adorable milk bottle and the "Sillycow Farms" name had some influence on the purchasing decision.

Well, I told you... small (very small) things today.
Although it's only been a little over a month since my last blog post, I was a bit surprised by how foreign it seemed to me to sit down and compose a post.
Hoping to get back in the swing of things now.




10 comments:

  1. It's very nice to see you here tonight and you even brought goodies to share! We turned our calendar and it had puffins....and that made me happy. I printed out a puffin coloring page from the internet! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very disciplined to not look at the pretty calendar pages of months yet to come. I'm afraid I always peek. I look forward to seeing more posts ( short ones are just fine!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see a post from you Kim. : ) Your little witch is cute!! I don't think I could wait to see all the calendar pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life in general is really "one step at a time."
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it is always good to find a light in the window. I am sure that your readers feel about your posts as you do about flipping to the new calendar page...delicious anticipation. Do you know what happened to my calendar page flip? It’s a snowy city scene as in 🎵Silver Bells🎵...in November? Yours lokks ever so much more cozily November.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you posted, Kim. I always enjoy your posts. Little things are to be celebrated, for it's the little things that make up the vast part of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, it's been so long since I've been able to put a comment up, so I thought I'd try again and see if one will take this time around. Gooseberry Patch is absolutely charming! I have a couple of their books with recipes and charming holiday ideas. I like your coffee container and the witch is cute. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    Blessings,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the little things in life that give us a smile and a little lift when we're feeling blah. You're such a good girl for not looking ahead at your calendar! I can't resist that kind of temptation. ;-) I have a Susan Branch calendar where I love turning the page to a new month, like you. I already ordered my 2018 one. My blog posts have been sparse, too. Just haven't been feeling it lately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim, I'm glad you are back in blogland. I have been having a hard time keeping up with commenting and reading, but I hope to get better! I've got a Susan Branch calendar and I love to see what's on the new month's page. Your Gooseberry calendar looks like a charming one, too.
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.