Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fall Fun in North Carolina

The first thing this morning I met my sister-in-law in a "central location" and we headed east for a girl's day out. We had a destination in mind, but along the way her job was to scour the road for yard sale signs and mine was to drive and keep my eyes on the 2 lane country road. We did find a few fun sales and even found some exciting new treasures. Eventually we reached our original destination . . .

Carolina Lily in Salisbury, NC

This cute place is owned by a very talented lady named Julie. Her home sits on this property.

She also has 2 darling shops on the property. Don't you love that tin roof?


Julie enjoys gardening and her talents are evident everywhere you look. I always get new ideas when I visit her. This is the entrance to the garden path she created leading to the shop above.



There are interesting things to look at all along the path.





Pretty gardens in all directions.



Here is the porch leading into the first shop. It is always decorated for the season.




This is the 2nd shop. In front of this is a sweet square shaped flower garden. It is enclosed by a white picket fence. So cute. . .


Take a look at some of the things for sale inside.



A fall themed dress form.






You may recognize this guy from one of my previous posts. I bought him and his girlfriend last year. Love them!!



Inspiration abounds here.
I love how she painted this bird feeder and filled it full of pumpkins & gourds for the season.

This rusty old wheelbarrow is brimming with plants, a bright orange pumpkin and 2 small Adirondack chairs surrounded by a white picket fence. I think I need to start looking for an old wheelbarrow at the yard sales.


Head stones in amongst the flowers.

Yikes . . . at least he looks friendly!

As does he.




Even the garden benches are ready for fall. Just give me a mug of spiced cider and I could sit here for hours taking in the fresh air and beautiful, peaceful surroundings.



Today, in addition to the cute shops, there were many vendors selling everything from jewelry to pottery to wreaths to aprons to primitives to . . . well, you get the picture. These ladies above had homemade chicken n' dumplings and were handing out samples of whoopie pies. Yummy!!




Shoot, even her mailboxes are cute.



A girl works up an appetite after all that shopping. Good thing Julie was also offering a picnic in a pumpkin.




14 comments:

  1. Kim,

    I wish I lived in North Carolina.

    That looks like the cutest place to go shopping and find all sorts of treasures.

    Thank you for your kind words. I hope to get better soon, so I can keep blogging.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you and sister-in-law had a very fun day. I'm glad you got to enjoy it all together. Have a wonderful week. Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so so pretty! id love to visit! thanks for sharing! ~ Cynthia~

    ps: still on the lookout for those mini stoves, yours is in perfect condition, I found a few, but not like yours, so im still hunting ;) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that looks like it was a lot of fun! I love the headstone and skeleton!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim
    What a wonderful looking shop. Salisbury isn't too far of a drive for me. Maybe if you're going there again sometime I could meet you there!
    I am doing some long overdue updating of my blog list and wanted you to know that I've added you to my Blogs I Love to Visit list. Hope you're enjoying this beautiful day.
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kim,
    That would have been the perfect outing for me. I love the idea of having a shop on my property.
    We use to live in Elizabeth City NC. I do miss it. I will come back and see what you are up to.
    Bye for now
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun day out Kim! I must admit it look dangerous too with far too many great things to take home with you. I love being somewhere that I can get inspired to new ideas for decorating. Sorry I am not visiting as much. Life is so busy that I am not getting around to all my blog visits like I would like to. How is your husband doing?

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fabulous place to spend the day and something that I would really enjoy.
    Loved seeing all the photos you took.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun! That looks like my kind of place...gardens and treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, looks like a great place, Kim. I want to go there too!

    Lots of inspiration and yummy food (whoopie pies) YUM!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. We would never see anything like this in France! What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim,

    I love those pumpkin dolls. I can't beleive October is almost over, can you?

    Where does time go?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kim
    I am having a giveawy. Hope you'll stop by.
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kim,

    Looks like a fun day was had.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.