Monday, October 15, 2012

Happiness Arrives in the Mailbox

If a package appeared in your mailbox bearing this signature, would there be any doubt that it came from a very artistic sender?

A few months ago I discovered a new blog and was immediately taken by the beautiful artwork of Michelle Palmer.  I am in awe of such talent and I think I read her entire blog in one sitting.  Not long after discovering her blog, I was so excited to learn that I was one of the winners of a giveaway she so kindly offered to her readers.  You can read about it here .
 As you can see, everything arrived so nicely packaged by Michelle.  I will admit that for several days I didn't open the individual packages because they looked so nice as they were.  I hated to mess them up :-)Eventually curiosity got the better of me and I carefully removed the staples to reveal the beauty of Michelle's artwork.

~ Harvest Perch ~
an original art illustration on fabric

~ Something to Crow About ~
 an original pen & ink illustration on linen

 ~ Scarecrow Joy ~
 an original transfer from one of Michelle's original watercolors
(this guy makes me smile every time I see him)

and he has a pin on the back.  Perfect for pinning to my jacket (as soon as it gets cool enough to wear one).
If you haven't discovered Michelle's blog yet, you're in for a real treat.  Her most recent post features Frost Fairies in the garden.  While there's no frost here yet, the on and off rain showers are making the morning glories happy.

~ Thank You to Michelle ~
Your kindness and talents will be treasured always.

12 comments:

  1. Oh I shall definitely go visit at Michelle's. I thought that you were receiving a handwriting kit of some sort...something to do with schoolbooks and the fact that you love them so. Very sweet gifts... You'll find fun ways to use them this autumn I know. Oh, your morning glory...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kim, congratulations on winning the giveaway! The artwork is beautiful and I am on my way over to visit Michelle's blog.
    Your morning glory is gorgeous!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on winning, and I am like you. I sometimes hate to unwrap or undo pretty packaging. The scarecrow is the sweetest. I have to visit her blog. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you! I do the same thing sometimes when gifts are beautifully wrapped. I did visit Michelle's blog and I appreciate that you introduced it to me. She is one gifted lady! You did a great job in sharing your gift too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on that wonderful win! I am not familiar with the artist...going to remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing about your treasures! So sweet of you~
    Just thrilled to know you're enjoying your art pieces.
    Wishing you every joy!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for you! I have a couple of her little works of art and I treasure them! She is delightful! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you! : ) Beautiful artwork!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on winning the delightful artwork! I'll head on over and checkout Michelle's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your morning glories are truly glorious! And your friend's artwork is a real delight! How lucky you were to win!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you! Wow, she is a wonderful artist and very generous with her giveaway. I will definitely check her out. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pieces of art...every one. Enjoy. I must go check out Michelle's blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.