Thursday, April 26, 2018

A Dream(y) Getaway

Hello there.
Just dreaming a bit today about the ideal getaway.

When given the opportunity, my preference will almost always lean towards the country vs. the city.
Point me towards rolling green hills dotted with cows and farmhouses and I'm a happy camper.

Breakfast outdoors on a cool spring morning sounds delightful.

If that outdoor breakfast includes a bit of birdsong and a view like this, well just plant me there and keep the coffee cup filled :).

Although, with a bit of coaxing, I could be uprooted for a hike in the great outdoors.  If that hike involved a waterfall, I'd have my hiking shoes on in an instant.

After an afternoon hike, it would be most delightful to head into the nearest small town and discover a new restaurant to try out.
These smiling faces across the table would bring me great joy.

So, imagine my surprise when I was recently told to pack for two nights.
Casual clothes and comfortable shoes were all I was told to bring.
It seemed Brett and I were headed for a wee getaway.



Little did I know that he and the boys had been hatching a plan.
One that included a three hour drive into the NC mountains where the countryside rolled, the cows mooed and the rivers rushed.
After winding our way down a hill the car came to a halt at this charming log cabin.  


Part of the plan was to fly my grandson and his Dad in to be part of the getaway.  He was happy to try out the chair right outside the front door.  A perfect fit I might add.

Just inside the door sat this sign.
This cabin was recently built and so nicely decorated.
In fact, if I were still dreaming, this would be the cabin of my dreams.
Apparently my family knows me well.

 Right down to my preference in cake flavors ;D.
They thought of everything.
Party hat, cake, balloon, gifts.
I honestly couldn't dream up a nicer getaway.
A very nice way to usher in a new decade.

The lower level of the cabin offered an ideal spot for family fun time.
I don't think I've shot a game of pool since I was in high school.
How nice to try again while introducing Jaxson to the game.
He delighted in chalking up the cues and helping Grandpa make the shot.



Another sign in the cabin.
Hmmm...
this sounds like a good motto going forward.

*all photos from the real getaway.  Elevating dreams to dreamy! 


9 comments:

  1. What a super place you had for your get=away! I'm with you., give me the countryside, I'm not a city person at all.
    AND a Happy Birthday!! I know you had a super good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! It DOES look like you had the perfect getaway. Looks very much like the area I lived in North of Asheville. I still love to think of those mountain trails and creeks with waterfalls. Enjoy your week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Your family did a great job of celebrating you. Love the cabin and its setting. Keep on celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Kim and what a wonderful place to spend it. Beautiful place, reminds me of where I live. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your birthday was wonderful! The cabin is incredible! What a nice family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So this was a surprise birthday, planned by the guys? I'm impressed! The photos are gorgeous...what a wonderful getaway. Happy belated birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful birthday surprise. I love the cabin. Happy belated Birthday Kim!

    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim! Your newest follower here. You described my ideal getaway too. How fortunate that your wonderful family surprised you with this awesome time away! I could so see myself living there. And Happy belated Birthday =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very thoughtful and sweet of all your boys! Looks like it was a perfect getaway. Belated birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.