Monday, August 27, 2018

Azaleas in August


Do you grow the Encore variety of azaleas?
When we re-landscaped the backyard a few years back, the plan included several of them.
Prior to that we had only spring bloomers.
So, while strolling through the garden this morning, I was caught off guard by them blooming their little hearts out.

For a brief moment I had to wonder whether it was April or August.  My mind still equates azaleas with Easter and springtime.
No matter the month they sure do make a beautiful statement.



Late summer also brings the blooming of the ornamental grasses.
This one also makes me think of springtime as it is called "Little Bunny".

As we prepare to hang the For Sale sign, I am appreciating the special attributes this home provided.  This view outside our bedroom window will be hard to leave.  I think I'll even miss the frog chorus that has become such a part of late spring and summer.
However, the time is right for a new place to call home and I look forward to blooming where I am planted.




7 comments:

  1. Gratitude for such beauty will go with you and become part of your memory of this home. Will you garden at your new home or are you keeping it simple? I love the idea of a second blooming for azaleas. Their season is so brief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers that bloom in late August, especially pink flowers, are so appreciated. Your Little Bunny grass is pretty too. I sowed seeds for some but it never did come up. I do have Purple Fountain grass and I really like that one.
    Vee wondered, and so do I, whether you'll garden at your new home.
    It must be hard to leave what you've worked hard to get looking good but as you say, the time is right to move to a new place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vee & Granny Marigold, I will still be gardening at the new house, although on a much smaller scale. We currently have 3/4 acre and will be downsizing to less than 1/4 acre. I will really miss my gardens here, but am looking forward to having things a more manageable size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had that kind of view out my bedroom window! Since our bedroom is at the back of the house, our view is of my neighbor's ugly privacy fence (I did try to make it a bit prettier with a clematis plant, and we also plant our tomatoes there) and then the back yards and fences of all the other neighbors. Your azalea is gorgeous...never had any luck with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful garden you have here but I'm sure you'll have a beautiful one at your new home also.
    Sure hope you have better luck selling your home than we have. We've still only had one viewing and that was 2 days after the sign went up. Houses just aren't selling in our little town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know about those Azaleas that bloom in summer. Yours are so pretty, and I love that view from the bedroom window. I didn't realize you were moving. Seem like I can't keep up anymore. Your new home looks like it's going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful to have good memories AND....lots and lots of photos to keep! You'll love your new home too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.