Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Pumpkin Talk and a Few Other Things



If you removed everything from the steps and porch, that would be how things are looking around here this October. This photo was from last year when I talked about my plans for those pumpkins in 

 The pumpkins were roasted, pureed and tucked into the freezer for future use.  It was quite amazing to see how many bags of the stuff I ended up with.  😉
With a move in the near future, I've been working at whittling down the freezer contents.
So, today I poked around the internet for a healthy pumpkin muffin recipe.  I found one that sounded interesting and gave it a try this afternoon.


I like muffins that are slightly sweet.
It seems there is a WIDE range of sweetness levels when it comes to muffins.  Some might as well be cupcakes (hello grocery store bakery muffins).  
These were made with a small amount of honey and a nice variety of the fall spices that seem to taste so good at this time of year. 
The recipe can be found here if you would like to try them.


In other news,
Specifically, moving news...
Since my last post our house has been "under contract".
Closing dates were established, papers signed, moving trucks scheduled, inspections completed and the boxes have been filling almost daily.  Then, out of the blue, the buyers withdrew their offer and we are back to square one.  More than a tad disappointing.
We are set to close on the new house in mid-November and were happy that things seemed to be working out well with the timing of both closings.
After hearing this latest development yesterday my mind headed where it seems to always go first... worry land.  
Then I decided to head in a different direction and keep busy.
Heaven knows there is plenty to keep busy with around here.
Packing, more packing and keeping the house sparkling for future showings.  If all of that doesn't keep me moving in a forward direction,  I'll keep working on this plan:



It seemed to work pretty well today.








7 comments:

  1. How very disappointing to have the buyers back out at the last minute.
    Being an excellent worrier myself I know that keeping busy does help.
    Your muffins look delicious. Perfect for Autumn, with those yummy spices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how disappointing for you.
    Still no offers on our house and it's been 4 months now with only those 3 viewings.
    I too prefer slightly sweet muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They did what?! Their loss and someone else’s gain. I had a number of disappointments like that selling John’s place, but The Lord knew what He was doing and things worked out just fine. They will for you, too. Gonna go hunt down this recipe...I like everything sweet and I need to readjust my thinking. Hang tough now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, how very upsetting for you dear, really sorry to hear that. Can't imagine anyone getting that close to purchasing - your home is lovely is every way I'm sure from all you've shared with us over the years - then pulling out. Oh well their loss, and I'm certain you will soon have a real buyer!
    We looked looked at a brand new house close by at the weekend - on our annual Parade of Homes tour. It's another of the million dollar plus ones going up on tear down lots in our very 'hot spot neighborhood.' Have to say how disappointed I was, really nothing at all I would want in a home - awful design features and so many 'faux' materials used from countertops to doors/moldings etc. No wood visible anywhere! Anyway, someone fell for it - already sold for $1,270.000 - unbelievable! I enjoyed coming home to my little cottage! Can't help but think what one could buy here for a million dollars some years back! They were really stunning custom homes and worth the price!

    Good luck with everything Kim. I'm planning to make carrot muffins this week - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a disappointment! I hope someone comes along soon and falls in love with your home. Not-too-sweet pumpkin muffins sound delicious! Good luck with the packing and staying busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, how disappointing that your buyers withdrew at at the last minute! I hope you get new buyers ASAP.
    Your muffins look delicious - and I'm all about the no processed sugar, so this recipe is right up my alley. I pinned the recipe - thanks.
    Love your front porch all decorated for fall last year - that's so pretty. Those white railings - are they Trex?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh darn! That is disappointing. Hopefully a new buyer will come along very soon. Stay positive and keep baking. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.