Tuesday, October 23, 2018

It Won't Be Long Now


With just under a month until we close on the new home, things are moving right along over there.  We are still going for our weekly visits to check on progress.  Since it's been awhile since I've shared any photos here, I thought I'd give you a wee update.
Soon this will be the view from the kitchen sink.

 This angle gives the fuller picture.  In the foreground is the large island that will be replacing the formal dining room table.
You may have noticed that this kitchen isn't lacking in cupboard and drawer space.  I'm beginning to wonder what will be going into them now that I have purged so many of my belongings.

 If I am standing at the kitchen sink looking diagonally, there lies the great room.  On our last visit the builders had just been in to put blue tape on all of the areas requiring touch ups and further attention.  They seemed to do a very thorough job as there was blue tape everywhere.

 In the master bath I was going for a bit of decorative tile with a slight sea glass look to it.


And because I am itching to get back to playing with décor...
I found these mercury glass Christmas trees in the Habitat ReStore recently and instantly envisioned them on the bathroom counter.  It's hard to tell in the photo, but the countertops have little flecks of a seafoam color and little flecks of sparkle.  When the sun hits it just right it sparkles like a diamond or maybe a piece of sea glass :).
These little trees light up and I think they will be such a pretty night light during the holiday season.  Just to the right of the trees is the bathtub.  By the time this move is complete I'm thinking it will be nice to sink into that tub and relax by the light of the wee Christmas trees.





7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the pictures of your new home. The kitchen is huge!! You'll have fun finding spots for the things you've kept and lots of space for new treasures.
    The mercury glass Christmas trees are lovely. Such a good find. Our local ReStore closed this summer... I miss browsing there and never knowing what I'd find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll enjoy getting things put just where you want them. I love your new home and the ideas you have for decorating! What a happy time for you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Kitchen!! You sure have a lot of cabinets. Will be nice to have so much room. No crowding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaping up nicely, Kim. What fun you’ll have putting your things in those cupboards. Perhaps a set of pretty dishes you don’t yet have. 😉 Decorating your new home will be all joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim! Oh, it's SO pretty! I bet you can't wait! I love the great room and the kitchen is so pristine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all looking lovely, Kim. How fun it will be to settle into your brand new home! Lots of room in that gorgeous kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is getting so exciting! I love your kitchen cabinets - that's the color I'd like someday. (Mine are currently 1980's oak!) And I love that tile you chose for your bathroom, especially the ones with the sea glass in it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.