Sunday, November 4, 2018

Outdoors in November

 

Delightful weather and beautiful fall foliage seem to beckon one out for a walk.  The time is right to enjoy the outdoors before the leaves have all fallen.  
Recent days have found me heading down the trail behind our house.
Now that I know there won't be many more walks here, I am seeing things in a new light.

 The fall color show is in full swing around here, although some of the trees are beginning to drop their leaves.

 A bit of red.
 This is the tree right across the street from us.
Each morning the sun illuminates it making this autumn beauty even more stunning.  When I look out the dining room window, it is the sight that greets me first thing.  A wonderful way to start the day.  


Something else that got my attention this week.
One last large clematis blossom greeting me every time I went to the mailbox.  Each day I expected it to be gone, yet there it was.
In a strange way I felt like parting is going to be sweet sorrow for both of us. :)  Maybe you have to be a gardener to appreciate that thought or maybe I'm just a bit strange :D.

This photo from last spring might do a better job of showing just why she will be missed.  I planted her years ago and with very little care since then she put on a spectacular spring show every year.
Through the years many people in the neighborhood have commented on how beautiful she is.  Last year we even had a tall teenage boy stop, take out his earbuds and tell us how it makes him happy when he walks by and sees it in bloom.  Wow!
So, while I will miss her, I'm happy to think that others will continue to enjoy and appreciate her.



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful tree colour and beautiful Clematis!! It looks like you're still enjoying fair weather. Take those walks while you still can. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s lovely there! And oh that clematis! I hope that you will plant another at your new home. Changing residences has lots of little sorrows and many joys as well. Exciting times for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A move always brings emotions...good and sad! I know you are excited to be in your new place though! The Clematis is a show stopper for sure! They always do so well in NC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great path to walk along.
    Wow that clematis is gorgeous. You'll have to take a clipping of it and plant it at your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a stunning clematis! I can see why you will miss it. Moving is a loss as well as a gain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of the yellow maples are still hanging in there in my neck of the woods, but otherwise, all the trees are bare already. I have the same clematis in my yard, which is a showstopper in the spring and summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Gorgeous! I want one. I hope the moving goes well. I love the new house smell.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.