Monday, December 10, 2018

Moving Along . . .

Shortly before Thanksgiving I took a break from packing boxes to take a stroll around the garden with camera in hand.  

 With all of the details required in making a move, the beauty taking place outside the house was largely going unnoticed by me.  One day a visitor commented on how gorgeous our trees were and as she was going on about the amazing colors, I decided it was time to take notice.

 Seems she was right.  Beautiful colors were all around the house that day.  I made my way to the side of the house that I rarely venture as the ground tends to be a bit soggy over there.
As I rounded the corner to the front of the house, I stopped in my tracks . . .

 WOW
In all the years I have lived here I had never seen this view from this angle.  The two sugar maples we planted specifically for their spectacular fall foliage and the Japanese Maple that provided a pop of red inside our master bathroom.
Somewhere between all of that beauty sits our long driveway.  Racing up and down the driveway going here and there didn't allow for a true appreciation of this autumnal beauty.

 After my little photo session I opted for one final cup of coffee on the patio.  Thinking about leaving behind this garden that I have loved so much started to make me wonder what the he** I was thinking.  :).  I had a moment of panic wondering if this was all a big mistake.  I took a sip of coffee and looked up.

 At first I was intrigued by the cloud formations and then I did a double take.  There amongst the clouds was a rainbow like I have never seen before.

 Rather than arching down at the ends, it curved up at each end like a great big happy smile.  In that instant I knew that the right decision had been made.  Talk about receiving a sign from above.

 In a few short days the moving truck arrived and life around here became a busy blur for the next week or so.


But now we are moved into our new home and becoming a bit more settled with each passing day.
Not long after the Christmas tree was decorated we woke up to a winter wonderland outside the window.
As I sipped my morning coffee and gazed out at our new view, I felt sure that the right decision had been made.


❄❅❄


10 comments:

  1. Oh good...had me worried there for a bit.😉 I must say that I have never seen a rainbow like that one! 🙃 Hope that you frame that WOW photo because the colors were truly fantastic. Do you have a lot of landscaping to do in your new home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our new yard is teeny tiny. We will do some landscaping in the backyard eventually. Right now it houses a few perennials I brought from the old house and a tiny bed waiting for herbs to be planted in it.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you got moved in before the bad weather! And the trees are indeed gorgeous! How much snow did you get this weekend? And that is a sun dog...I've just learned about them recently and now I'm seeing them more often. Holiday hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane. I am glad to be moved in ahead of that storm too. We only got a couple of inches of snow and several hours of sleet. Now I must learn more about sun dogs. Thanks for telling me about them and I will be looking out for more.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you sat and pondered your decision so you could have such a resounding YES from the rainbow smile. And snow? Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have the memory of the gorgeous trees and the smiling rainbow to treasure. Glad you are beginning to feel settled. It takes awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful colors in your old garden. Wow.
    I've never seen a rainbow like that either. Awesome.
    Congratulations on moving into your new home. A great Christmas present.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your old garden did indeed have wonderful trees and colour but I think you'll get your new yard fixed up to your satisfaction next year. Right now with snow on the ground I guess it's a time to get settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful series of autumn photos.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your landscaping and all those trees around your old home were gorgeous. I'd be second-guessing myself, too. Love how you received that unique sign in the sky! Glad to hear you are getting settled day by day into your new home. I can't wait to see photos of it and how you're setting it up.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.