Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Decorating the Foyer

 The foyer in my last house was the one area that had me stumped for the whole time I lived there.  I know they say the foyer should make a good first impression and create a welcoming feel to all who enter.  The problem was, unless you find a grandfather clock with two pictures next to it exciting, it was lacking on all fronts.
Seems I could never figure out quite what to do with it so I sort of ignored it.
So now, in this new house, I was determined to create a more welcoming foyer right off the bat.
I started by heading to HomeGoods to check out their lamps.  This house has a very open floor plan so I was trying to tie the adjoining room colors together without being too bold.  This lamp with a touch of white, gray and blue seemed ideal.

 I knew I also wanted a mirror, but had no idea what it should look like until I saw this one.  I decided to bring it home and give it a try.


Once we managed to get the mirror hung and played around with the accessories, I was pleased with how it came together.  
My son dropped by shortly after things came together and wondered "what's up with the Gather"?  Ha!  I'm hoping to create a home that encourages new friends to gather together and feel welcome.

As for the grandfather clock and two pictures, they have been relocated right across the hall.  I think they look more comfortable in there :).

Here it is the third week of January and I haven't even wished you all a Happy New Year.  I hope you are managing to stay warm and healthy.


9 comments:

  1. it looks very nice, Kim. Very welcoming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you've done. The GATHER sign is perfect and the mirror too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized I had never actually pressed the 'follow' button so although I'm an old follower now I'm official.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the reflection of the blue/white/yellow painting in the mirror. It all looks quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good, Kim! Love that lamp. Can't beat HomeGoods for things like that; they have a wonderful selection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful decorations.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.