Monday, March 4, 2019

While waiting...


~ Waiting for Spring's Arrival ~

It shouldn't be too much longer, if you believe the calendar.
I'm getting a bit antsy this year.
Yet, in an effort to be patient while waiting, I snipped a few grape hyacinths and plopped them in a birdy vase.  They joined the etched glass bird and her nest of eggs.  A gift brought from England many years ago.
The windowsill above my desk just got a wee Spring makeover.
For the first time in my married life we have windowsills.
One of those exciting little things for me :).
While I am resisting the urge to clutter them up, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to bring a touch of the outdoors in and why not enjoy it while working and gazing out the window waiting for Spring to arrive in all her glory.

🎕🎕🎕

Are you looking forward to Spring?

8 comments:

  1. Looking forward to Spring? YES!!! More snow today.
    We have some nice deep window sills too and I just love them.
    The little glass birds are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love windowsills. I am sure that mine are cluttered. 🙃 I like your spot of spring color. It’s the simple things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty! We have quite a wait till we have any grape Hyacinths. We are on day 32 of snow on the ground ( very unusual for us).

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! I've never seen one that is a little bud vase too. We are having nice weather here but it will be HOT before we know it! Enjoy your week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about windowsills...we don't have any in this house and it's one of the things I don't like! I'd especially like a wide windowsill for the kitchen window. Your little birds look beautiful with the light coming through them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My window sills are narrow, too narrow to put things!
    I just adore the etched glass bird with nest Kim.
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I think you already know how much I'm looking forward to spring! lol today was really the first day I can say I feel optimistic that it will arrive sooner than later I hope.
    I love your glass pieces. Windowsill the perfect spot for them. I'm the same way about not wanting to put too much stuff on them, but I'm always tempted.
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.