Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Welcoming Spring


Spring has sprung
The grass has riz
I wonder where the flowers is?

On this first day of Spring my thoughts wander to this little poem I often heard my mom recite.  There aren't many flower to be found here so I am sharing the pretty bouquet featured on the card my sister sent to me.

 With Easter being later this year and winter being grayer, I was craving the pretty colors of Springtime.  So, last weekend it was time to see just what Easter décor survived the great moving purge.  
 This little bunny has his garden trowel in hand eager to get out there and dig in the garden.  He's hoping to knock out the garden chores in time to hide those Easter eggs.  

 Speaking of Easter eggs.
It seems all of the bunnies are busy loading their baskets and wheelbarrows to make this year's hunt a roaring success.  Perhaps they know that many of their relatives have gone to new homes and are hoping to avoid the same fate.

 In another corner Mrs. Bunny has her tree beautifully decorated and is busy searching for just the right spot to display it.

 This little knee hugger chick is not convinced that it's warm enough to venture out.  For now she's content to be curled up in a tea cup.

 This bunny with her extra large egg is summoning the strength needed to add her contribution to the big Easter egg hunt.  

 Another wheelbarrow ready to hop into action.



Well, I think it's safe to say that the bunnies have nothing to fear.  The hutch is a happier place because of them.
I've even switched seats at the table so that I can enjoy their antics while dining.

From my happy hutch to you, the bunnies (and chick and lamb) say
"Happy Spring"



6 comments:

  1. We have so many wildflowers blooming right now, I almost pulled over to the side of the road on my errands this afternoon. I didn't see them in time though! LOVE your pretty Spring things! I may have to skip decorating for Spring this season. Lots going on right now. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that they survived the move! Each one is adorable. Would you believe that there are dandelions growing along the foundation of my house? The nerve of them. I like your mom’s poem; it’s new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was growing up the poem was a bit different. It went: Spring has sprung, The grass has riz Where last year's drunken drivers is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your little bunnies are so cute and sure make it look like spring around your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Easter decor looks so cute in the hutch! I especially love the knee hugger chick and how you have her placed in a teacup. No flowers in sight here yet either...just some daffodils starting to poke their greenery out of the ground.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.