Wednesday, April 10, 2019

An Evening Walk


Around here the construction crews arrive early and since the majority of the new homes are going up across the street and down the street, that makes for a steady stream of construction trucks and workers.  Neighborhood walks during the day would involve a lot of maneuvering around obstacles and, therefore, don't happen often.

The secret is to wait until just before sunset when most have finished their day's work.  Things are much quieter and the hammering is replaced by the sound of birdsong.  
Tonight after washing the dinner dishes, I put on my walking shoes, grabbed my phone and slipped out the door.
Dogwoods and Redbuds were calling my name.

Here our mail is delivered to a central location within the neighborhood.  It is a nice little walk to get there.  A few rolling hills are involved.  That was my destination on this lovely evening.
In the distance the sun began it's descent.


Before long it would be gone from the horizon and another day would be nearing it's end.  Time to head for home.


In our last house we planted a redbud right outside the master bathroom window.  It grew well and soon filled in the view looking especially lovely at this time of year.  If you've been around long enough you may remember it here.  It was one of the many aspects of the garden that was hard to leave behind.  Before moving into this house we were happy to see that the developers planted a few trees in the commons area on the side of the house.  Imagine our delight when the one situated right outside the master bath turned out the be another redbud.  It's beginning to feel like home more every day.




11 comments:

  1. A walk in the stillness at the end of the day is such a blessing.
    I don't think I've ever seen a Redbud tree but it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wonderful! A God-wink. It will be fabulous when the building is done and the neighborhood feels more like home as well. (Sounds pretty challenging just now.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you have a redbud tree in your new yard. I love seeing these trees growing wild in the woods in NC and West Virginia! They are beautiful! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An evening walk is the BEST..especially at Springtime... I've never seen a red-bud tree, so thanks for the photos.... Enjoy your week-end...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Several houses going up around us, too. Not much to see right outside my front door, but I do love my neighborhood walks especially since everything is in bloom now. Glad to hear you are settling in well in your new area. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to hear you're feeling at home, Kim. Redbuds are so beautiful. We don't have one on our property, but our neighbor down the street does and it's such a delight to see it in bloom every spring. sometimes when I get tired of walking around my own neighborhood, I get in my car and go to another neighborhood, park my car on a side street and walk around there! The change of scenery is nice sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evening walks are a lovely way to end the day. I'm glad you're feeling settled in your new home. The Redbud is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you are settling in so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Though I like morning walks best, evening walks are great too.
    Nice to hear you are settling in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.