Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Bits of Blue


 









~ On Saturday we visited a new(ish) garden center.  It was one of those wonderful places filled with beauty, inspiration and a very knowledgeable staff.  What's not to like about that combination?
Since I have several blue garden pots in the garage, I was keeping an eye out for pleasing plant combinations to fill them with.

~With spring's arrival the bluebirds are visiting the feeder and the nesting boxes we put out for them.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for new little families in the very near future.

~ There is a little vase sitting on the top shelf of a plant stand in my family room.  Each afternoon when I'm passing through there the sun illuminates it beautifully and I think I should take a picture of that.  Today I did.

~ My birthday was on Good Friday this year.  It rained that day with a tornado warning thrown in the mix.  It seemed like a good day to stay in.  So, I did.  Stayed in and baked myself a carrot cake.  Well, actually it was for Easter and I shared it with the family.

~ Easter was a lovely day.  We ate lots of good food and then went on a walking tour of homes being built across the street.  

~ The next day, while washing up the dishes, it occured to me that I didn't take a single picture on Easter.  It also occurred to me as I was drying the china that I haven't changed much since picking out my wedding china.  Something Blue.

~ I liked blue then and still do as you may have guessed by now.
Since my birthday it's been nothing but blue skies around here.
Last evening the spring green leaves on the trees looked so pretty with the clear blue sky background.  


Any bits of blue capturing your attention lately?




8 comments:

  1. Love your bits of blue. I have lots of blue too. Such a pretty color.
    I've seen a couple of blue birds flying around here at Happy Trails.
    Happy Belated Birthday. 🎈

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday, Kim. Sounds as if it was a great day to hunker down... Hope that you had plenty of time to do the things you wanted. I sure hope that the bluebirds decide to stay. If they only knew how much you love blue. As for Easter and picture taking...I'm not doing much better, though I did get that one you've probably seen at Instagram. Hope that the building is coming right along and will soon be over so you don't have a noisy neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday a few days late!! Nice that the sun has been shining and Spring is blossoming out your way! I love browsing in garden shops; everything tempts me but I've learned the hard way to resist the fabulous descriptions. Best to stick to the tried and true, at least for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated Happy Birthday dear Kim. Yes, the weather was unbelievably chilly over Easter - but has been lovely since and, like you, I'm enjoying the garden, mostly work, but now able to sit on the porch early evening and just admire our efforts as the pollen has just about finished. Everything growing so fast now!
    I have a blue glass vase exactly like yours - I must place it some place where the sun will shine through it!
    Not sure our bluebirds have nested in the birdhouse this year - they fly around but I don't see a nest in there yet!
    My chickadees have nested again in the little house hanging on the front porch though - makes me happy seeing that tiny bird flying in with those juicy green grubs!
    I've not dared to stop at a garden center yet - I leave for England next week so can't be planting anything new right now!
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! Blue is my favorite color, especially more of the aqua shade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated Happy Birthday, Kim. Blue is my favourite colour, too, and always has been. Light shining through your blue glass is so pretty. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.