Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Fun Family Times


Well, finally there is something blog worthy to report.
After waaaaay tooooo loooong, I hopped on an airplane and headed for home.
Although I've been gone for 20 years now, I think Michigan will always be home to me.


Of course a trip back home as autumn approaches calls for a visit to one of the places we miss the most.  The local cider mill.  And since calories don't count while on vacation, two donuts for me and four for Brett seemed like a wholesome lunch.  Certainly the apple cider took the healthy factor up a notch.

 ~ Gardenviews in Northville, MI ~

~ Sideways in Plymouth, MI ~

 Back in the day I loved to shop in the quaint little towns of Northville and Plymouth.
One day when we had a couple of hours to spare, we went to see how much the shopping situation had changed in the last 20 years.
I must say I was thrilled to see that two of my very favorite shops were still going strong.  I guess that speaks for itself.
Unfortunately I didn't have time to do much but look and be inspired.  That galvanized turkey tray above was HUGE and also gorgeous.

The purpose of the trip wasn't to shop.  It was for something much more exciting than that.
My brother and sister-in-law flew in from California and my sister and brother-in-law live in Michigan.  It was a three day family reunion.  It's been a very long time since we were all together.
We enjoyed getting caught up, meals together, games (finally learned how to play Mexican Train Dominoes), laughs, a walk through the local state park and a lot of reminiscing.



 All too soon it was time to head back to the airport.
Since it was necessary to eat something before boarding, we scouted the dining choices until we located another Michigan favorite.  Funny how when we lived there I rarely ate coney dogs, but as soon as they were no longer available, I began having occasional cravings.


I must admit they tasted a lot better than they look :).
Using the same logic as the cider mill meal, we felt the shared Greek salad cancelled out the hot dog factor.
Do you ever use this type of logic while vacationing?

"The love in our family flows strong and deep, leaving us memories to treasure and keep"  ~anonymous



5 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful for you three to be together again along with your spouses, too, of course. Looks as if you enjoyed happy times back in Michigan. Those doughnuts would definitely have had my attention! (They come much smaller than that at our local apple orchard.) That kind of logic on vacation? Honey, I have used that kind of logic most of my life. It’s why you are thin and I am not! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you had a great get-together with your siblings and their families!! I'm not much of a doughnut fan but I think I would have had to have one of those plus the cider ( that I am a fan of).
    I would love to browse through those shops too. They look like they'd have my kind of 'stuff'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great family reunion Kim, and a great trip down memory lane for you! Yes, I do a lot of this type of logic on vacation and in everyday life. ~wink~ Thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful trip back home to spend time with family. Yummy those donuts sure good.
    Growing up in NJ we ate Chili Dogs which look like your coney dogs, but the hot dogs were deep fried. We have yet to find anywhere else that has them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to fly 'home' for a family reunion! It's been way too long since I have visited blogs; nice to catch up! I'm with you about calories not counting while on vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.