Monday, September 30, 2019

Decorating for Fall ~ inside and out


I was hoping for something like a cool breeze or a dip in the humidity to inspire a fall decorating session.  I've given up on that notion only to pretend the A/C is really the autumn breeze I'm yearning for and set to work spreading autumn cheer in the house and garden.


Glad I didn't pass up this blue pumpkin at Home Goods the other day.  It plays nicely with the picture in the mirror.

I'm yearning to see pumpkin and mum displays in the garden, but our temperatures in the 90s would be less than ideal for their well-being.  For now I settled on a fall colored hanging basket coupled with the copper topped birdfeeder.


Back inside the table is ready for fall feasting.
As the days get shorter, the candle provides that warm glow which is always so welcome through the fall and winter months.


Heading back outside...
If you're wondering why we are hopping out and then back in, it's basically to keep from melting :).
Trust me, you don't want to stay out there too long unless you favor the humid heat.  As you may have guessed, I'm not a fan.


A pot of violas for the outdoor coffee table.

Back inside (thank you Mr. Carrier for inventing A/C) I spread a few touches around the kitchen.

A little vignette across from the kitchen sink.


Despite all of my grumblings, it is Fall and that makes me :).
After all, the worst of the heat is behind us now.
:) :):)

I was amazed to read that many areas of the west coast received record snowfalls.  Four feet in parts of Montana.  Wow!  Don't think I'd be ready for that quite yet, so perhaps I shall just ride out these last warm days and quit complaining.

Is that clapping I hear?






















7 comments:

  1. Everything looks so nice. the blue pumpkin plays so nicely with orange...lovely complements. Hope that your temps lower to more pleasant levels. Nineties is too high in October. I really like your hanging plant with autumn colors...it’s a good solution considering the heat. I have one small pot of mums...not quite as scrumptious as former offerings, but something... Happy October to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vee. Happy October to you too. I put your tip for petunia deadheading to use today. I remember you mentioning that in the past and had forgotten all about it. After seeing your beauty on IG, I'm taking notes.

      Delete
  2. I love all the touches of Fall decorating you've done. The candle in the glass jar of gourds really is eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fall decorations are looking nice and just the thing for fall. Hope your temperatures lower a bit.
    It has been warmer here than usual for this time of year, but just in the 70's by afternoon which is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fall touches are so pretty.I really like the mercury glass and blue pumpkins. I can't imagine such heat at this time of year - we saw frost on the roofs this morning, which is unusually cool for us on the west coast just now. I'm glad we didn't get the snow the more interior regions got. Enjoy your AC and fall touches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty fall decorations! I hope by now your weather has cooled off a bit. It's only been in the 50's here in IL and waaay too much rain. It's practically non-stop and we have so much flooding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fall too, and this unusually hot weather has been anything but fall like. I thought this cold front would never get here. Today has been absolutely wonderful!! Hope it has reached you too. Your fall decorating is so pretty. I love the candle. I bought a pumpkin spice candle today at a craft bazaar.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.