Saturday, March 21, 2020

Springtime Social Distancing



The arrival of the daffodils seemed particularly welcome this year.
With so much happening in the world that we don't seem to have much control over, it brings some comfort to see that despite everything, the springtime flowers remain dependable. 


 When I'm outside on these beautiful days we are currently having, it's hard to believe what is happening around the world.  But, it all comes back quickly when I get back online or turn on the tv.  So I try to stay updated in small doses and do my part to social distance and stay home.
In order to keep our spirits up, it seemed like a good idea to bring some of those cheery daffodils inside.

 Once the vase got filled with a little bouquet I spent a bit of time giving the hutch a new look for the spring season.  I look forward to the day when we can all Gather together again.  


 All of these shortages at the grocery stores got me thinking about small ways I could be a bit more self sufficient.  Although my garden space is limited, I know that lettuce is an easy cool weather vegetable to grow.  So, with one pack of seeds I filled two big pots and a few days later we have sprouts.  


I think it is important to keep a sense of purpose each day and strive for a bit of variety to keep from going stir crazy.  Although I've had good intentions to join the jigsaw puzzle crowd, it hasn't happened... until now.  I can see how this can be a nice way to keep busy and keep the mind occupied.


I've also re-acquainted myself with Leslie Sansone.  Before I moved (over a year ago) I walked with her faithfully.  I'm ashamed to admit that since moving I have become very lazy about exercising.  It feels good to get moving again.  It also feels good to get outside walking.  I'm glad we can still do that as long as we keep our distance when encountering neighbors.  


A few more spring beauties.

I hope that you are staying well and finding ways to keep your spirits up.  We truly are all in this together, aren't we?








9 comments:

  1. Your flowers are so pretty. The Amarylis is blooming here but I haven't taken photos yet. At least the weather is nice and we can walk or sit outside and soak up some sun. Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spring flowers certainly brightened my day. I have no control over flowers in the yard, living in an apartment like I do, but I was happy to see my amaryllis is going to bloom soon. In a pot on my balcony.. and there is some sort of vine in the pines across the parking lot that is blooming. Take care. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the spring flowers sure are pretty. I'm doing a puzzle too though we do them all winter!
    When I'm taking my morning walk everything seems normal for a little while!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your puzzle skills have been inspiring to me for years. I don't know why it's taken me so long to get on board. I have a long way to go to get to your level.

      Delete
  4. You've given me a good idea. I'll fill a pot with nice fresh soil and sow lettuce too! Thanks for the idea.
    Your Spring flowers are cheery. I like the 5 in a vase with the little birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with what you've said. Spring could not have come at a more perfect time. So thankful to be able to walk around outside. Your cupboard looks so pretty. Most of the daffodils here are through blooming. Yours sure are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daffodils are so pretty! I have some on the side of my house but they're not getting enough sun, so they're not blooming. I need to dig them up and replant them elsewhere. I have a gather sign on my kitchen wall and find it rather ironic - and sad - right now. I'm missing my yoga class so starting tomorrow, I'm going to be doing yoga videos. My yoga instructor told me to try gentle yoga with Adriene on youtube. Take care! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flowers are so beautiful. You were a smart girl to put the bulbs in. Your hutch is wonderful and your styling is terrific. Those thoughts about gathering are warm ones. I am praying that this all fizzles out sooner than we think.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.