Sunday, June 14, 2020

Appreciating The Gifts of Nature


The great outdoors has been providing gifts to make our stay-at-home days prettier, tastier and slightly more interesting.
Currently in bloom is the Annabelle hydrangea.  I love that it only takes a few to make an arrangement for the dining table.  I really love them in an aqua Ball jar and if it's a vintage jar, even better.


Speaking of vintage...
I couldn't resist finding a flower in the garden for this wee Ball jar.



I've been picking a few blueberries every day.
So good on our cereal or oats in the morning.


One afternoon I stepped out on the patio and was greeted with this.
I probably would have missed it altogether had I not gone out there for something.
After the rain, it was a beautiful sight.  One I didn't want to miss.  So, I dashed in to fetch a beverage.



A refreshing glass of iced tea.
I sat and sipped and enjoyed nature's beautiful gift.

🌈🌈🌈




The tea was made earlier with the mint that is currently flourishing in the garden.
I popped a sprig in with one of these green tea tea bags.
A tasty, healthy way to wet your whistle.
While I'm not advertising the Luzianne brand of tea, I do think it's my favorite.  I also love it in the regular (non-green) form.  
Are you an iced tea drinker and, if so, do you have a favorite?

A side note on the new Blogger format:

After reading about the changes I decided to bite the bullet and try this post using the new format.  I'm in the group who resists change, especially with regards to computer related topics.  I have to say it wasn't too different.  The one thing I couldn't figure out at first was how to enlarge photos.  Thankfully I was able to figure it out after exploring a bit further.
I guess the true test will be when the publish button is hit.
Ready... Set... Go!
(wish me luck :)




9 comments:

  1. Looks as if it was a go! If you figure out how to edit a post once it is in draft or been published, let me know!

    I do enjoy a good glass of iced tea, but it is a rarity. I have some a few times per summer. What a pretty rainbow and view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried clicking on the little pencil under your post. It seems to be for editing a post (at least one that is published). I haven't tried it yet, but was wondering what that pencil was for.

      Delete
  2. Obviously all went well and your post was published. I have reservations about the new Blogger but hopefully, with some help from my DIL, I'll manage.
    I'm not really an ice tea drinker. I've also tried sun tea and that wasn't my cup of tea either.
    That rainbow photo is lovely. Sometimes one catches just the right moment. And you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute tiny ball jar. Never saw one so little.
    A delight to see the rainbow.
    Not an ice tea drinker.
    I tried the new blogger and liked it but once it was posted couldn't get the picture to enlarge when clicked on so went back to the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bouquet of flowers is very pretty, as is the container with the sea glass. I have some just like it, and put a tealight holder in the center of the sea glass, just as I think you've done. Isn't it pretty to see the light shining through the glass?
    Glad your first try with the new blogger went well.I have not had any difficulty either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am envious that you can just 'pick' blueberries for breakfast - I have to buy them in our supermarket at a price. Wordpress brought in loads of changes to their blog formatting a while ago - it does all sorts of fancy things which can make it more like a magazine but after having an initial play around with it I have now settled on something close to the old format for quickness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This new blogger format was frustrating at first, wasn't it? But I agree, once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad. I just wish they could let things be!

    Where did you find a mini Ball jar? And that darling mini stove?

    My husband and I are both iced tea lovers in the warm weather and I have quite the selection of teas - different varities of black, green and herbal. Some are tea bags and others are loose leaf teas. Most are organic. My favorites are the loose leaf organic from a private shop in Wisconsin (I order online). They make them themselves from organic flowers and herbs.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stove was from Ebay. I can't remember where the Ball jar came from. Probably a local gift type shop.
      The tea you get from Wisconsin sounds interesting. I'd be curious to check them out online.

      Delete
  7. I love iced tea and use all different brands- I guess I'm not as particular with cold tea compared with my hot tea. I have a nice mint plant in my garden. I'll start adding that to my tea!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.