Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Office Views


Here you see my home office.  (try to contain your excitement :).
The window above my desk looks out onto a small hill that has been planted with field grasses and a few trees. Normally while working I keep the blind raised less than halfway to keep the outside light out of my eyes.  It's nice to have a view to the outside, but not a lot changes with field grass from day to day.  It does seem to attract a fair share of butterflies in the summer and field mice love to hide out in there.  Once in a while I see them darting around.  Other than that, not too exciting.


After finishing my work yesterday I went to close the blind when a golden glow caught my eye.  As the sun began to set it illuminated the crest of my little hill.  The sky was turning black and, although it wasn't raining, a beautiful rainbow was forming.  Rather than shut the blind, I raised it higher to get a better look.
I sat a moment and wondered how long this beauty had been developing unbeknownst to me.


 As I knew it would be mere moments before the sunlight was gone completely I decided to sit and gaze out a bit longer.  Out of the corner of my eye I sensed movement and then noticed somebody looking my way.  My first thought was a dog.  

 


As he made his way down the hill headed back into the woods, his big bushy tail gave away his real identity.

🦊🦊🦊

Seems maybe I have underestimated the views on the other side of the blinds.  I'll be paying closer attention from now on.







6 comments:

  1. I guess you'll be keeping those blinds open a bit more from now on. :) Wow what a beautiful rainbow! At first I thought the fox was a coyote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really! Looks as if there is much more excitement beyond your window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked out at just the right time it seems!! Great pics of that fox too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your view out that window and seeing the rainbow is awesome! And then a FOX! Oh WOW! That is amazing! I wouldn't be able to get any work done from now on....I'd be staring out that window!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing that you received two beautiful gifts in one day! Keep that shade up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gift to look out of your window to such beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.