Wednesday, January 13, 2021

New Year ~ New Computer


Well, hello there and a belated Happy New Year!!

I'm composing this post on my new computer which is proving to be a hair raising experience!!
After years of having Windows PCs, we have gone with a Mac this time.  I guess it will take some time to get used to, but time is something I currently have plenty of so let the learning begin.



I was hoping to do a post last week when snow was in the forecast.  That is always cause for excitement around here.
Most of the day it rained and then an hour or so before sunset the flakes began to fall.



Good thing I documented with a few photos because by morning it was all gone.



Not much has been happening around here as we are staying home as much as possible.  One evening around dusk I looked out the window and saw a group of five deer in the backyard.  We see them come out of the woods from time to time.  This was the first time I've seen a buck, however.  Unfortunately the bird feeder was blocking the view.  Oh well, just documenting again.


The doe was a bit more photogenic.



I think this will conclude my first post on the Mac.
I hope you are all doing well.










10 comments:

  1. Love the snowman planter. 😊

    And what a greature capture of the buck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed my hubby your blog banner to see your cute little stove! Mine is a little bare right now. Love the deer and I love my Mac!!! It was a big change for me too but now I love it so much more than anything I've ever had! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Kim! Good luck with your new computer -- I'm sure you'll have the hang of it in no time. :) Have a great week!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun snowman planter! His hair is amazing. Congratulations on succeeding with your MAC, and good luck with it for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering where you'd been! I need a new computer (laptop), too. But I'm not going for a Mac! I've been a PC and Android user all my life and I'm not about to switch now. ;-) I've always been happy with my laptops (I currently have an Asus Zenbook but it's getting old) and Samsung Galaxy series phones. I've heard good things about Apple computers though, but I know it's hard to learn a new system. Hope it goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scarf on the snowman. Always a treat to see deer stroll through the yard. Haven't seen ours for a while now. I started using a MAC after having a PC and liked the MAC so much better and I wouldn't have anything but a MAX. I love it. I'm sure you will too once you get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you too.
    I hope you get used to the new computer and like it. I got a new phone this week and am finding it hard to get used to. Luckily my middle son is here to help when I run into problems.
    What a treat to have those deer visit your back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, you will be pleased you have changed to a Mac - I always had Apple products and loved them all - and the support from Apple is first class always.
    You had more snow than we did that day - still hoping for a couple of inches one day this winter - need more snowbird photos - well not really - but I do love to see nature under a blanket of fresh white snow.

    Take care and stay safe Kim.
    Happy New Year - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck familiarizing yourself with the Mac. I don't do well with technological change. My phone has decided once again not to allow transfer of photos to my laptop. It's not even reading most of them when I plug in which is aggravating. Google is doing all sorts of updates and I'm pretty sure apple is trying to push me to get a new phone which I won't do unless I absolutely have to. There's always something to work around and adjust to. :/ Take care, stay safe, be well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kim! I bet you'll get used to the Mac very quickly.
    Lovely deer! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.