Thursday, August 19, 2021

On The Water


After several stormy days we were rewarded with a bright, beautiful  day.  That blue sky filled with big white fluffy clouds reminded me of summer days as a kid when the possibilities seemed endless.


When we sold our house three years ago, the boat was sold along with it.  We had a lot of fun over the years on that boat, but it was time to move on.  
One of the benefits of our new community is membership in a boat club.  Now, if we want to get out on the water, we can rent a boat for the day.



Yesterday we picked out a nice pontoon with a slide and headed out for a day on the water.


With over 500 miles of shoreline, Lake Norman offers plenty of room for exploration.  


Due to it being a weekday, the motor boat traffic was fairly light.
Perhaps that's why the sailboats were enjoying the moment.



Something very summery about a line-up of sailboats.


One of my favorite things about boating has been checking out the lakefront homes.  A few of them even had their own helicopters.


While floating in the water it was hard to resist looking for pictures among the clouds.  This one reminded me of something I'd seen previously . . .




Not the clearest picture, but hopefully you get the idea.



After our time cruising the lake, swimming (and going down that slide) it was time to head back to the marina.  I turned to look behind us and saw the sun setting over the water.  One lone cloud seemed to be heading towards the sun or perhaps it was about to plummet into the depths of the water.  I took three quick photos with my phone.  This one had that little round hole in the cloud which I thought was kind of neat.  Does anything come to mind when you see this cloud formation?




How are you enjoying these late summer days?


7 comments:

  1. What a fun day. How great that you can rent a boat for a day rather than have the hassle of owning one. The cloud pictures are always a great way to engage little ones in imagination. (bigger people, too - lol) The last one looks to me like an airplane coming in for landing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day out on the water. There are pontoon boats to rent on Deep Creek Lake which is near us and we've done it couple of times with friends. I like looking at all the houses along the shore line too.
    I saw the duck in the clouds before you told us and I like Lorrie thought the other cloud looked like an airplane coming in for a landing too.
    Funny that you just finished the same puzzle we're working on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky you are that you can rent a boat for the day and enjoy that beautiful lake! Boating is big here where we live too (Northwest IL), as we live right by a huge river and tons of lakes. I love when I drive over the river or past the lakes and see boaters out enjoying themselves. Always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will try commenting tomorrow. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This copy and paste business is a challenge because I've already forgotten what to say. Oh, I remember, boats on the water in such a beautiful place. What a wonderful way to get out on the water without the cost of maintaining a boat. Glad that you did it. There's something so calming about being on the water. I wonder what the helicopter people do for a living.

      Delete
  5. I love summer clouds in a blue blue sky. We've had endless days of sunshine and NO clouds at all. A plain blue sky is not nearly as lovely as one with some clouds.
    You live in a beautiful area and the lake is a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim! Oh, a day in a boat, on the lake sounds wonderful! I love the cool mornings of summertime. We've been eating our zucs and I've had some lovely rhubarb. I'm so glad you're having a fun summer!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.