Saturday, July 16, 2022

Zucchini Cookies and a Mini Baking Marathon

~ recipe courtesy of Simply in Season cookbook ~

Zucchini is not growing in my garden, nor are neighbors leaving bags of it on my porch because they are overrun with it.  I did, however, have two in the fridge that were getting a bit past their prime.  Having recently stumbled upon a recipe for zucchini cookies, I decided to give them a try.


Since I had twice the amount of grated zucchini I needed, some will go into the freezer for future baking.


As long as I had the oven on I settled in for an afternoon of baking.
The granola jar is filled again.  My granola recipe also came from the Simply in Season cookbook.  Our local peaches have been so sweet and delicious.  Tomorrow's breakfast will be Greek yogurt topped with fresh peaches and granola.  Brett is off to the produce stand to pick up another bag.  Last weeks are nearly gone.  We are doing our best to savor the peach season while it lasts.  Come to think of it, we've been savoring the tomato season too.  What a wonderful time of year this is when the local produce stands are bursting with tempting fruits and vegetables.
While the cookies and granola were taking turns in the oven, I got a loaf of English muffin bread going in the bread machine.  It will be another nice breakfast choice this week toasted with butter.  Or, maybe we'll work some of those tomatoes into a BLT and toast up a few slices to use as sandwich bread.

Have you ever had zucchini cookies?
This was a first for us.  I added walnuts and chocolate chips instead of raisins.  They have a soft, pillowy texture with a nice moistness to them.  Quite different from the chocolate chip cookies I normally make, but still very good.

How is your weekend going?  Are you up to anything fun?
Hope so :).






7 comments:

  1. Hello! Well thank you for the idea! I actually have several zucchini on my kitchen counter right now. The hubby picks them up at the local farm stand. I know what I will be doing with some of them. Love love love peach season too! Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. poof...will try again later

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made zucchini cake but not cookies. I read jokes about zucchini being left on people's porches just to get rid of them but I don't know of anyone who grows zucchini and has any to spare. I haven't had any luck growing it myself.
    I haven't seen any peaches in the markets as yet...not Canadian nor US. I'm sure looking forward to enjoying them. Shouldn't be long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always made zucchini bread and loved it but never tried cookies. These look very yummy. I make cookies now with almond flour and freeze them. I like to eat them slightly frozen too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim! If you email me, I'll send you the recipe for the muffins I make. I really should share it on a post but I'll need to take pics the next time I make them. Always something....heehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cookies look really good. I've had only two zucchini from the garden, so far. Made zucchini bread with the first one. I did find a recipe for chocolate zucchini cake that I would love to try. It looks moist and delicious and has chocolate chips in it too. Don't you love to get in a baking mood and get lots of good things made. All yours sound so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried zucchini cookies. Our garden is not producing well at all this year. Fortunately vegetables are available at the market. You were very productive in the kitchen. I'm looking forward to peach season - as you said, it's one to savour!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.