Friday, March 1, 2024

March Make It's Arrival




~ Welcome March ~

The rain is falling outside my window on this first day of March.
Along with the raindrops I see an abundance of Northern Cardinals and Mourning Doves combing the ground for seeds that have fallen from the feeders.  The daffodils are beginning to bloom.  Their brilliant golden hues a bright spot on this otherwise gray day.

Today March has made it's arrival.
Hooray!
Spring is right around the corner.
Something new to see each day as the temperatures slowly begin to rise.  I love the colors of Spring.  So welcome after the drab shades of winter.
This year March also brings Easter.  I love the pastel colors of Easter decor, candy and flowers.  Soon I will decorate the house for Easter and put away the few lingering snowflake themed decorations that are loosing their luster at this time of year.

How has March arrived in your corner today?
Rain, sunshine, wind, or (heaven forbid) snow?  Unless, of course, you love the snow ;-)

7 comments:

  1. Heavy rain and blustery winds - it can only get better:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is raining and gray here today in Rockwell, NC. We have had daffodils blooming for a few weeks now. The saucer and star magnolias have been blooming for about 2 weeks also. Everything is waking up and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for March! It started with sunshine, but is cloudy now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The daffodils in your header are so bright and cheerful! Rain, wind, hail, and now sunshine for March 1 in my world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll have to wait a bit longer before we see Daffodils blooming. This coming week we're forecast to have below freezing temperatures every night. I console myself with flowers inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy March, my friend! I love your daffodils. They remind me of my mom's kitchen years ago! Have a cozy evening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so glad to see the calendar turn to March! Such an unpredicatable month for IL...could be in the 20's, could be in the 70's. Could have sun, rain, or snow. A few days ago it went from 70 to 30 in less than 24 hours. I'm seeing signs of spring here already though...some, too early such as buds on the clematis and even a few buds on one of my hydrangeas. We also heard the spring peepers for the first time yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.