Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Happy Valentine's Day, Sweetie Pie




Happy Valentine's Day to You, Sweetie Pie!

Sending my vintage Valentine greeting and a virtual slice of cherry pie to you today.


Awhile ago I gave my toy stove and other vintage kitchen items a new home.  Right inside my pantry.  When you open the door there is a little space before the shelving begins.  I think it is meant for tall things like brooms.  One night when I was having trouble getting to sleep I formulated an idea...


The next morning I got up and gave the broom a new home in the garage.  I emptied out a tall, narrow bookcase I had.  It fit into that space perfectly with room to still access the light switch.
Now when I turn on the light my treasured vintage collection greets me.


When I moved to this house, this collection didn't look quite right in my more modern kitchen.  Now I can still see and enjoy it in my secret hiding spot.  The stove still makes it's way to the counter at Christmastime.  


Another night when sleep was slow to come I formulated a new home for my cookbooks.  Until that point they were housed in various cupboards where the weight on some of the shelves was concerning.  What can I say, I love to browse through cookbooks.  Sometimes I even use them for their intended purpose.  Ha!!
Tonight, for example, I will be cooking and baking a special dinner for my Valentine.

Wishing you a day filled with love and a special treat or two.

9 comments:

  1. Your toy stove reminds me of the one I had as a child. I could even cook on it, but the experience did not translate to a lasting love of cooking, sadly. The cherry pie was delicious, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to put your collection right in the pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to have such a nice pantry! That is something my kitchen lacks. Extra storage of food items and serving dishes and appliances (food processor, bread machine, rice cooker, etc) all have to be stored in the basement. I love how you put all your cookbooks on top of the shelves. I love cookbooks too, and love to browse and read them! That is great that your tall, thin bookcase fit right inside the pantry. It was meant to be! What are you making for your Valentine's Day dinner tonight? I'll take a piece of that cherry pie for dessert, please. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best thing about that cherry pie... no calories :)
      On the menu tonight is stuffed chicken breasts, mashed sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli and brownies with dried cherries, walnuts and chocolate chips in them. Will need to diet tomorrow. LOL

      Delete
  4. That is so cute! It fits like it was made for it and will make you smile every day.
    You have such a nice pantry.
    Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with that narrow space 💗. Isn't it interesting how these "brain waves" come to us in the night when we can't sleep? (Your pantry is very very neat).

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very tidy looking cupboard and the toy stove is delightful. a girls joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes those late-at-night ideas are just great - I love the idea of opening your pantry to find your cherished toy kitchen there waiting for you. I love reading cookbooks, too. So much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love having a nice collection of old cookbooks! This is perfect for being able to access them. And I like your special place for your stove and pretty things. I still love my little stove that I bought after I saw yours! lol Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.