Monday, April 1, 2024

Let There Be Flowers and Strawberries




When we left for vacation, the daffodils were just starting to bloom.  I was happy to see them still blooming when we returned home so that I could enjoy at least one bouquet before the season came to a close for another year.


When the daffodil bouquet needed to be replaced, the tulips began to make their presence known.  I planted a mix of colors.  So far the yellow are the only ones in bloom.  How fun it will be to anticipate more bouquets in shades of pink and peach.
The spring flower show is underway and I couldn't be happier.



  On Saturday I made my first visit to the garden center.
The plants all looked so vibrant and healthy before the heat sets in.
The colors of the calla lilies and clematis above were so pretty against the green foliage.


I felt it necessary to take several sniffs of this lilac.
Lilacs don't grow as well here in the south as they did up north.  In
fact, I couldn't tell you when I've had the opportunity to savor that scent so I took advantage of the situation.  sniff sniff sniff


After reading the tag on this one, I was surprised to learn that it will bloom twice (spring and fall).  Somehow I don't associate lilacs with
fall.  I do, however, enjoy the scent so maybe it would be nice to have that opportunity twice per season.


When we were in Florida strawberry season had just begun.  We saw several roadside signs advertising strawberry festivals.  Unfortunately the dates didn't coincide with our visit.  Just thinking about seasonal strawberries made me crave them so when these bright red flowers caught my eye, I went in for a closer look.



Sweet Berry Strawberry

Into the cart went this beautiful plant.  
The tag tells me that it will thrive in the container it's in and provide delicious sweet strawberries throughout the growing season.
I have high hopes for a plentiful harvest.
It seems there is so much to look forward to in the spring garden.

🥀🍓🍓🍓🥀

9 comments:

  1. Our daffodils are blooming, but we'll have to wait for the rest. We have snow predicted again this week.
    I've never seen a strawberry plant with red blossoms. I hope you get lots of berries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vase in the second picture.
    The spring blooms are very pretty but I always wish they lasted longer.
    I never heard of lilacs blooming twice but that would be great. Love their scent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, I hope your Sweet Berry gives you many strawberries to enjoy.
    I have exactly one tulip open as of today and it's a yellow on. I must pay attention and see if the yellow ones consistently open first.
    Lilac have the most wonderful scent. Sadly their season is too short ( at least I feel that it is).
    Have a wonderful April 💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen a strawberry plant with bright red flowers - what a delight. I love lilacs. We had a big white lilac tree but it had to go when we put in the endless pool room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get lots of sweet juicy berries from that strawberry variety. It's a beautiful plant. I love the calla lilies you showed, too. Such vibrant colour. The daffodils are done here and hopefully the tulips won't be too much longer. Our lilac has tightly closed buds, but they should open in a few weeks. I do love that scent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed my one round of beautiful yellow daffodils in a vase last week, too! I don't have any tulips though - have never planted any. My first trip to the garden center was today - for some pansies or violas. I ended up buying a pot of violas for my front porch. Wow, have the prices ever gone up since last year! I don't know if it's just here, or everywhere. I have never seen a strawberry plant like the one you found. I hope it does well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! This post is the very definition of spring, my friend! The daffodils and lilacs are my favorites. They remind me of my mom. I hope you are having a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim! Yummy! I got some strawberries in my farm box so I shall have them for breakfast. Sometimes I am unable to comment on your blog but today it's working! Happy spring! xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.