Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Gourdgeous Fall Days




Luckily that frost I was concerned about in my last post didn't happen.  So, my houseplants are back on the patio enjoying these  gourdgeous  gorgeous fall days we are now having.


I had some jobs I wanted to tackle indoors today.
Although it was hard to be inside on such a lovely day, I opened the doors and windows and got busy.



First on the agenda was cleaning under the kitchen sink.
I find the best way to do this properly is to empty everything out,
wipe the cabinets, edit what is lurking under there and then put things back in an organized fashion.




All done.
A few things got tossed and the remainder is now better organized.
The hardest part of this task was getting up and down from the floor.
:D


I discovered a container of stainless steel wipes under there and decided to shine up the fridge, dishwasher, microwave and oven.
Thought briefly about cleaning out the inside of the fridge and freezer and decided that job could be for another day.


Before the sun set on this day I wanted to get outside and see what was happening in the garden.  Couldn't resist snipping these late hydrangeas as the variation of color is so beautiful.


Prior to getting started on my cleaning tasks I brought out a couple of kitchen helpers.  A new to me soup recipe is simmering away in the slow cooker while a loaf of potato bread is baking in the bread machine.  
It's such a nice feeling to know that when dinnertime rolls around, all we have to do is serve ourselves.
All in all it was a most satisfying day in the kitchen.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love it, so satisfying to clean and organize. But even better is to have that dinner prepared! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy. My kitchen is one o those old fashioned sinks that is open on the bottom so nothing can collect under it! :)
    I know what you mean about having supper made earlier in the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were productive today! It does feel so good to clean things out. I agree on that problem of getting up and down.
    The hydrangeas are so pretty!
    I love having supper ready to go too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.