Sunday, December 4, 2011

Every Tree Tells a Story


While I love the beauty of themed Christmas trees, there is something about the tree containing all of the ornaments collected through the years that makes my heart sing.  For within the branches of that tree a story is told. 


Each year as the ornaments are hung, the story is visited once again and new chapters are added.  Ornaments from childhood are lovingly placed with a distant memory of a young girl who spent a lot of time playing with Raggedy Ann.


until Ann was set aside and a young man named Brett took center stage.


Perhaps the most precious ornaments of all ~ those handmade by our children.  I pause and thank God for teachers who take the time to work with their students on these treasures.  For as time marches on, they grow more valuable every year.


Special interests and hobbies are there among the branches reminding us of who we are and what we value.


Loved ones across the miles are thought of as the tree is decorated.
Good times are remembered.  Those facing hard times are prayed for. 


And those who are no longer with us are missed ... a lot.


Trips taken are remembered once again.  Perhaps thoughts of future vacations begin to take shape.


The furry family members are represented here.
Whether they are still with us or not, they hold a special place in our hearts and memories. 

This year I am adding a new chapter to the tree representing life at my Happy Home.  As the lucky winner of a recent giveaway I was
thrilled ecstatic when this adorably sweet little cottage showed up in my mailbox.  I sat and studied every cute little detail.  It was made by the very talented Becky of ...


In the years to come, as I hang this special little cottage on my tree, I will be reminded of Becky's kindness.  Thank You, Becky. 

" From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another
The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other."
~ Emily Matthews




17 comments:

  1. This makes the most special tree! What sweet treasures collected over the years...very beautiful memories! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every one very sweet..makes me think maybe I should have kept mine for myself..I passed the ones like these back to my children to have! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tree because it looks like ours! My hubby and I were spending some time a few days ago looking at all the ornaments and reflecting on where and when we received them. I especially love the ones made by your children. Such memories! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that not the cutest little house? I was so happy to learn that you had won the prize. It's very precious. And I so loved the story you told about this ornament and the other...it's almost enough to make me dig out my ornaments...almost!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that ornie you got about your Happy Home. I need a Thinkin of Home one!! Since blogging is a BIG part of my life!
    I love memory trees. I have given the kids their ornies now, so they have the memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right, the ornaments made by my children are so dear to me! I just finished our tree in the family room, it took me forever because as I unpack each ornament I sit and reminisce about who gave it to me, where I bought it, or when it was made! We'll do the tree next weekend in the living room, the seven foot live tree, my family will probably leave the house because the ornament stories will begin once more! :)
    Hugs and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to see trees that are filled with ornaments that have special meaning. Mine is full of ornaments gathered over the years and I treasure each one. Some are getting a little ragged around the edges, but I love them anyway.
    That is an adorable little cottage ornament you won! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree 100 percent. I love trees with ornaments given and gathered over the years, reminding us of all the special people and times in our lives. My tree is like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just yesterday I was looking at our family tree and thinking the same thing about how wonderful the teachers are to have their students - our precious children - create something that would always remind us of them at that age. Those are some of my favorites. Loved reading about your cherished pieces...and now I am blushing about the mention of your little cottage. ((hugs)) So happy you like it. It was meant to be yours.

    xxoo
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've gone through Christmas tree theme phases. Always though the ornaments made by my kids were the most precious. Over the past few years, I've given my kids (now adults) a lot of our ornaments. There were so many that were given to them by us or other relatives, but I did keep a couple of the special ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little cottage is so cute..... blog friends are so loving and giving.

    I'm with you on having a tree with ornaments from years past..... so many precious memories!
    You have some very special ones....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ornaments with memories are the best! The ornaments my sons crafted are really treasured. I still have the one a student made me my first year of teaching. I also enjoy Becky's posts. :)
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am blessed by your sentimental spirit in decorating your tree. Thanks for sharing your thoughts as you carefully added each ornament. Congratulations on winning that adorable cottage. Years from now, you will share that with fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always feel like I am visiting with old friends when I get out my Christmas ornaments every year!

    Blessings

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely and beautiful tree. It is full of precious memories. Thanks for taking us down memory lane with you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your ornaments are so lovely! I loved reading about each one!
    I especially like Raggedy Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A special tree...filled with memories! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.