Thursday, February 18, 2021

Pandemic Projects


In the early days of this pandemic it seemed like a good idea to use the time at home wisely by tackling projects that never seem to make it off the "to do list".  I found this post to be very encouraging at a time that seemed so uncertain.



Looking back over these many months, in some ways it seems like not much got accomplished.  Perhaps it is because they weren't major accomplishments like learning a new language or perhaps it is because nobody comes in to appreciate the small fruits of our labor.
I guess we really have ticked off a fair amount of things that give us a sense of accomplishment and add a bit of variety to the days.
One such project happened last weekend.  I might add that it was a non-stop rainy weekend so a little project was most welcome.
This project involved a guest room wall that had not been decorated since moving in two years ago.  I couldn't quite figure out what to do with it so I did nothing.  


A recent visit to HomeGoods served as the inspiration to get things moving.  I might add that my shopping trips are still very limited at this point.  However, after seeing so many favorite shops go out of business, I try to do a small part in supporting those that are hanging in there.
Last week I felt lucky to find something that seemed like it might work for that wall across from the bed.  After measuring and pounding a few holes in the wall, a pleasing arrangement was found.
Just one thing was missing . . .



The photos!
In trying to decide which photos to include in this collage, I opted for memories made since moving into this house.  Sure do wish I could see them in person more often.  For now, I enjoy seeing their smiling faces every time I pass through this room.  Currently that is several times a day as it is on the indoor walking route :).  Another pandemic project (of sorts) has been to increase the daily steps.  During this long string of rainy days here that has made for a lot of passes through the guest room.

Have you tackled any projects recently?




4 comments:

  1. I really like what you've done in your guest room. Family pics make it nice and homey.
    My project continues to be decluttering. Right now I'm going through my cookbooks. I did a downsizing of them a couple of years ago and again I find I've added more and the deep drawer I keep them in will hardly shut. Of course I have to page through each one to make sure I keep any recipes and that takes me a while. But time I have so no excuse not to finish the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea to have a picture collage. Looks terrific. Haven't tackled any big jobs lately just trying to keep the driveway passable is quite a job lately!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too much going on here re projects - other than a pair of new table lamps purchased online (pleased with them), and the decluttering goes on, but very s-l-o-w-l-y I have to admit!
    Those frames are unique - you will enjoy seeing the family until you can get together again.
    Mary -

    ReplyDelete
  4. De cluttering is on my list of things to do since I retired 3 weeks ago. But I haven't been very motivated to start anything. I have some home decor projects I'd like to do, too. There doesn't seem to be any urgency, though. The family collage is a lovely way to see your loved ones happy faces when you can't be together.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.