Monday, February 15, 2021

Twas The Day After Valentine's Day



The other day I looked out the window to see four cardinal couples hanging out in my neighbor's crape myrtle tree.  Glad my phone was handy to snap a quick picture as not long after I saw them, they were gone.  Their visit seemed most appropriate in the days leading up to Valentine's Day.  Love was most definitely in the air 💘


I had intended to pop in here to wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day, but it never happened.  I hope you found a way to make the day special one way or another.
The pansies I was drying in my last post found their way into a Valentine I sent to a special someone.  While sorting through my vintage card collection I spotted this sweet little one with the pansies on it.  Seemed like just the one to tuck a few pressed pansies into.  I'm hoping that it carried the promise of spring along with it.
Speaking of spring, I finally got motivated to change my Christmas themed header.  As we are on the umteenth day of gray, gloomy weather, I am declaring it springtime on my blog :).



I guess my longing for springtime has carried over to the kitchen.
When Publix advertised Florida strawberries last week, the Valentine's Day dessert menu began to take shape.



Fresh strawberry pie with a generous dollop of whipped cream.
One pie for two people means it will be a very spring-like week.  At least in the kitchen.
I wish I could invite you over to share.  Since that's not a possibility, please accept my belated Valentine wishes along with a virtual slice of pie.

💟






8 comments:

  1. Your card is so lovely - I have a few old ones hidden away in my treasure box. I could just eat a slice of that pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your header is lovely and gives hope that Spring is on the way. I bought some plants today... Primroses and Pansies( that will have to be kept on the glassed in porch because it's too cold out as yet). Your Strawberry pie looks delicious. I bet it tastes as good as it looks too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my that strawberry pie looks delicious. I'd love a piece about now. Lovely to see the daffodils and the hope that spring will arrive one day!! Seems very far away now though. We have layers of ice and snow that just won't go away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was something to be able to capture the four cardinal couples...I see the gents, but only two of the ladies.

    That pie looks amazing! Kitty had a recipe of it one year. I should check it out.

    Looks as if spring is arriving in your corner. ðŸŠī

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vee, this is a recipe from the MGCC site. It is Charlotte's recipe for fresh strawberry pie and it is delicious!

      Delete
  5. I can't believe how green it is outside your window! There is nothing but gray skies, bare branches and huge piles of snow everywhere here in IL. We have cardinals coming to our bird feeders a lot in the winter. They're so pretty. Your strawberry pie looks delicious. It would indeed remind me of spring! I am counting the days...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to have the cardinal couples visit your place. The strawberry pie looks delicious - you'll have Valentine's Day and spring tastes all week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, a fresh strawberry pie would be great on today's menu, so bright and cheery. Rain, rain and more rain, lousy weather and we're tired of it.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.