Saturday, March 20, 2021

Spring's Arrival


~ Spring Has Sprung ~

Winter seems reluctant to let go this year.
Since it will be awhile before my garden tulips will be in bloom, I added a few of the silk variety to my foyer table.  Coupled with some Easter eggs and a nest full of bird eggs, the springtime welcome mat has been rolled out.


The garden is beginning to reward us with daffodils.
After some wild weather yesterday, I went out this morning and clipped a few that had taken a bit of a beating.  That little pop of yellow added an instant lift to coffee central.


While I don't have near the amount of yellow in this house as I did in the last, I find it to be such a cheerful, happy color.  It seems especially uplifting after a long winter.
The daffodils inspired me to change up the kitchen towels.  Those yellow bumble bees make me excited for the coming season.  Very soon we will be back digging in the dirt and enjoying time on the patio.  



A new yellow pillow on my reading chair.

This post brought to you by the color YELLOW.
:-)
On Thursday I went for my first vaccine.
As we pulled out of the driveway the skies opened up and the wind kicked into high gear.  Thunder boomed and lightening bolts lit up the sky.  By the time we reached our destination the rain had stopped.  While waiting to be called in everybody's cell phone went into emergency alert mode at once.  We were being advised to take cover immediately.  With no windows in the waiting room I had to wonder what exactly was taking place out there.  I wondered if Brett who was reading in the car was being taken away by a tornado.  Thankfully that was not the case.  By the time I was done the sun was shining and I was told I had just missed seeing a big, beautiful rainbow.
That weather event seemed to sum up this past year in a nutshell.
Like the rainbow this vaccine provides hope after a stormy, uncertain period of time.
I couldn't have been more impressed with the efficient manner in which this local vaccine event was implemented.  


Happy Spring!!



🌷

6 comments:

  1. I love your pretty Spring flowers and bunny mug! I'm really curious about the coffee break candle! I'm sure I would like it if it's smells like coffee! We got our first shots too and it went very well. Glad the weather didn't prove dangerous for you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pop of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that must have been scary when the emergency alert came on. I'm glad it came to nothing. I hope you don't get any after effects of the shot.
    Yellow sure is a cheerful colour. The towels hanging on your oven door are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty peeks of spring. I agree, yellow is a happy color. I've decided not to get the vaccine - I don't do well with any kind of medicine!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must have been enough to make one queasy even before the shot! Glad it wasn't bad after all and that Brett didn't blow away like someone out of The Wizard of Oz!
    You're ahead of me - haven't done any Easter decorating yet - this coming weeks I must get my skates on!
    Stay well - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's just a few pops of spring around here in IL right now, too. And March has been typical - mostly cold, damp, not much sunshine. One of my least favorite months. Once we get into April, things will really start popping and blooming.

    Love your touches of yellow! Very cheery.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.