Saturday, December 31, 2022

Memories Now



In the midst of the Christmas festivities, I could totally relate to granddog, Lacey's feelings on the matter.  LOL.



Once the hustle and bustle of the season has come and gone, it's good to reflect back on all that took place.
That Christmas dinner that was carefully planned and prepared is now but a memory.  Happy to say that it was enjoyed by all.



The gifts that were thoughtfully chosen and now given will be enjoyed for years to come.


Taking time out for a photo was tolerated...


But, became much more tolerable when silliness was allowed.

Now that all is said and done, it occurs to me that some of my favorite moments were not captured in photos.  Perhaps one of the highlights for me was watching grandpa teach Jaxson how to play Monopoly as I cleaned up the dinner dishes.  The game went on for hours (or at least it seemed to) with Jaxson being the winner.  Naturally that was very exciting for him and he was looking for Monopoly players first thing the next morning.

The planning, prepping, shopping, baking, cleaning and decorating are behind us now leaving behind many memories.  I do hope that yours are good ones.

As I sit here typing up this post, it is dark and pouring rain.
It's supposed to go on all day.  Inside, the coffee is hot and the Christmas tree lights are lending the last warm glow for the season.  A most welcome sight on this dreary day.





8 comments:

  1. Wonderful to see the family together around the table. I had to grin at Jaxson's tolerating photos. May he always! Mine have already become way less cooperative. Yes, I do agree that the finest memories don't always have accompanying photos.

    I have enjoyed my morning coffee in my favorite Christmas mug (from you) by the🎄. One week left...seven delicious mornings. I will savor them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds like a wonderful Christmas for you and your family. Great to see the photos of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a really lovely holiday. We've awoken to a very dreary morn here on the first day of the new year. Wishing you and yours many blessings for 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very happy New Year to you and your lovely family dear Kim. Your Christmas was obviously great fun. Now 2023 is here and I wish you everything good for the months ahead - good health, much happiness and joy, and hopefully peace for us all in this ever changing world.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved how you summed up the Christmas season with your words. Lovely family. Lovely memories. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you and yours, Kim. It's lovely to see everyone seated around the table. Our grands are also becoming less willing to pose for photos, so I count myself blessed if I get one that actually turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a good Christmas. Many blessings to you and your family for 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim! What lovely memories! I bet the dinner was scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.