Monday, January 16, 2023

Getting Away From It All Without Going Far


Happy Monday, dear readers.
Did you have a good weekend?
Yesterday the sun shone and the mid-50 temperatures felt like early spring.
A hike seemed like a good idea.
Peeking through this split tree you may see a glimpse of what awaited us.


Mountain Island Lake.
Most of our hike followed along the shoreline.


So pretty especially when the sun touched the water.



Canoes could be rented.
Perhaps we'll come back in the summer.


I'm so glad that there are places like this just a short drive from home.
Open to all and free of charge.
A place to get away from it all, breathe in the fresh air and feel the sun on your face.


A place where littering is discouraged in a most creative way.
"Make today better without litter"



Also a place where lovers still carve their initials into tree trunks.

💘💘💘

8 comments:

  1. You know I would LOVE to go with you on this hike. I love the lake and the blue sky with clouds and contrails! Looks like a perfect day to be there too. I'm always surprised that there aren't more people out when I go to a place this beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A peaceful place for sure. I prefer quiet places to all the hullabaloo going on these days. It's a crime how much noise there is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your walk looks wonderful. I know I'd enjoy it too. What a beautiful sky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like warm weather (for this time of year) to me! I love going on hikes in places like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to go walking there! Water is always an attraction, and fresh air invigorating. It's been warmer than usual here, too, but I expect there will be colder weather yet before spring really comes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photographs - I can almost smell the fresh air. It always surprises me that such places are not crammed with people - and it pleases me, too, selfishly ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! what a lovely day for a hike. Here in Pennsylvania the lake isn't frozen, and we were just joking that it looks like we could go out and kayak! Have a cozy afternoon!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.