Monday, April 17, 2023

Under The Weather


Morning Coffee View

Shortly after my last post we made an impromptu decision to drive down to Florida for a few days to spend Easter with grandson, Jaxson, and his family.  It's rare that we get to see them for Easter and we thoroughly enjoyed our time together.  Lots of games of Clue and Monopoly were played.  Sunday we enjoyed a nice Easter dinner together.
Monday morning we loaded up the car and headed home.
As the miles went on all I could think was that I wanted to be home in my own bed with a soft blanket.
It seems the virus that I have escaped for the past few years has found me.
While I now feel quite a bit better, I'm still testing positive and lacking energy.
Keeping my fingers crossed for a negative test by Wednesday as I've got a birthday to celebrate that day.

I'm hoping to muster up enough energy to do a little blog visiting this afternoon as all this sitting around is getting rather BORING.







9 comments:

  1. Oh so sorry to hear you're not feeling so hot. I went through that last May. Hope you are back to normal soon.
    Glad you enjoyed your Easter with family. Hope they are all well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got to spend Easter with your grandson and family. Too bad you got sick though. I hope you have a mild case and soon feel much better. Get lots of rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yuck! I am so sorry that it found you. Is your Florida family okay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, poor you. Don't try to hurry it along - just rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear that but I know people are still getting sick. I hope you can rest and get well soon. I'll keep you in my prayers. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry that you are sick. My husband and I got Covid right after Thanksgiving. We had mild flu-like symptoms for about a week, then my husband had a lingering cough and I had lingering sinus congestion. So just get lots of rest, push lots of water and herbal tea, and make sure you're taking vitamin D. You can test positive for a long time after you feel well...several weeks to 90 days! Doesn't mean you're contagious though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope by now you are feeling better Kim - and yes, there's no place like home when one is 'under the weather'.
    Mary -

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are feeling much better by now, Kim. Symptoms differ from individual to individual, so do what suits you as far as recuperating. Home is the best place to be when one doesn't feel well.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.