Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Christmas Blooms and A Cookie Recipe




My amaryllis bulb rewarded me with five beautiful blooms on one stem.  The tiny leaves near the base have another bud forming so I am keeping my fingers crossed for another bloom or maybe five.  So different than the bulb I planted last year which sent up several leaves that grew and grew, but never did send up a bloom.


A pretty poinsettia on the kitchen island.
With all the time spent working in the kitchen at this time of year, it makes the tasks a bit more pleasant.  

In my last post I mentioned a new-to-me cookie recipe I had made.  Lorrie asked if I would share the recipe and I am happy to do so.  


recipe from Gooseberry Patch Holidays at Home cookbook


A note on the recipe:  If you don't care for rum extract, these are also good with maple extract as a substitution.

🎄🎄🎄

I rather doubt that I will be posting again before Christmas, so I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a most joyous holiday season.

10 comments:

  1. Hello! Your poinsettia is beautiful! I love the ribbon. Have a cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one of those amaryallis' that just did the leaves and would never bloom. I gave it away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plants are beautiful!!!
    Merry Christmas to you and Brett!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour of your amaryllis, and I hope you will get more blooms. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Merry Christmas to you and Brett!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not good at keeping plants alive in the house, so I'm impressed with yours. The poinsetta is really enhanced by that ribbon!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful flowers and colour co-ordinated, too. I wish you and yours a very happy Christmas and a peaceful and healthy 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning and Merry Christmas! I am visiting from Billie Jo's blog. Your poinsettia is lovely! I had one last year, but not this year. They're hard to take care of, in my opinion. Maybe it's just me having a black thumb? I look forward to visiting again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your plants look so pretty! I love the colors of that poinsettia. The pot it's in with the ribbon around it is also beautiful. Mmm, that cookie recipe sounds really good. But I'm DONE with Christmas cookie baking, lol. Maybe next year! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful Amaryllis! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Amaryllis is gorgeous. The blooms are amazing. I have a number of Amaryllis that are all "resting" at this time. I keep watching for a flower stalk to appear.
    I'm so pleased that I can comment on your blog again. Happy New Year 💗

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.