Saturday, May 25, 2024

Fabulous Find at the Thrift Store




It seemed a patriotic touch was in order for our Memorial Day weekend.  I took the spring wreath down and scrounged through the cupboards for a few things to bring that touch to the front entrance.  Those little flags come in handy for so many things.
The big flag was also hung and we called it good on the outdoor decorating.


Since we don't have any big plans for the long weekend, I did some leisurely putzing on the inside of the front door this morning.
In the foyer to be exact.
It all started with this chair.
Something about the blue and white topiary fabric was calling my name loudly at the thrift store yesterday.



It was in beautiful, clean condition (which isn't always the case at the thrift stores). It looked like it had just been upholstered.  I went through each of the rooms in my home wondering where I might have a place for it.  Nothing was immediately popping into my head.  Knowing I had to make a quick decision before somebody else grabbed it, I decided I just couldn't pass it up.  Especially when I saw the price tag.  Would you believe it was only six dollars and 99 cents?  I had to look twice to make sure I was seeing correctly.  


Next to my foyer table it will be a nice spot to put on one's shoes before heading out the door.  It will also come in handy when a spare chair is required as it matches the furniture in all of the other rooms.
This long foyer wall has needed something more to fill it better.
I just wasn't sure what was needed.  Sometimes the answers to these dilemmas come in unexpected ways.  I love when that happens.

***

9 comments:

  1. 99 cents?!! Wow what a great deal that was!!
    Love your simple door decoration. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite that good of a deal. It was $6.99.

      Delete
  2. Your entryway is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your basket with flags on your front door. It's charming and patriotic!
    $6.99? Wow! You did great! It looks very nice next to your table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. $6.99 for that gorgeous chair?! Wow, did you ever score a deal! And it's perfect in your foyer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hanging basket with the flags! So patriotic! Hope you are having a great Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your chair is pretty and a great bargain in its price. Love the flags and your welcome mat. Time for me to buy a new one, my rather expensive mat with dogs on it faded within a year.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.