Sunday, October 31, 2010

Welcome to the Neighborhood

One of my favorite things about blog reading is the opportunity to see what life is like in your neighborhood.  Some of the places I read about I have visited, but most I have not.  Some are now on my list of "hope to visit someday" and others I'm sure I will never get to, but love to read about through your blogs.  Today I thought you might like a closer look at my little corner of the world. 
Would you like to join me on a walk through my neighborhood?  I thought we could leave through the back gate and use the walking trails today.

On a cool, crisp fall day the trail is the best place for a walk in my neighborhood.  It's fun to hear the leaves crunching underfoot as we take note of the foliage changing colors and watch the squirrels scamper up the trees and down the trees.  We'll see lots of pine cones on the ground as there are many, many pine trees in the woods along the trail.  It's such a nice day that we're bound to see a few of the neighbors out and about.  You're going to love them.  They're a great bunch of people :).


But, I must warn you that the trail gets a little spookier on Halloween.  I can assure you, however, that despite the appearance it really is a friendly neighborhood.

Well, okay ... the people are friendly, but the spiders are a bit on the big side.

I guess I should have told you that some of my neighbors are downright creepy. 
And, well, um, some of them do like to hang out in strange places.


Others are a bit ... how shall we say ... odd?

I hope my neighbors didn't scare you away.  They may look a bit questionable, but I assure you their bark is much worse than their bite.

From my neighborhood to yours we want to wish you a
Happy Halloween !!


21 comments:

  1. Love that walking trail...though maybe not as much when it's decked out for Hallowe'en! Glad your neighbours are a friendly lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just went for a browse today and dropped by your site, love your trees, hope their bark is better than their bite! I think I would love to walk among them too, without the scarey stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you header, Kim. And you have a very nice walking trail. Our neighbors like those large inflatable ghosts and pumpkins with bouncing confetti inside. I am amazed at the trouble and expense people go to for Halloween!The temps have dropped pretty quickly here; we won't have too much more Fall color. I'd better go find some pretty pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely walk! Thanks so much for showing me a bit of your beautiful area of the world!
    Happy All Saint's Day Eve!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Halloween, Kim! You live in a beautiful neighborhood.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have great walking paths around your neighborhood too. Enjoyed taking a walk with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that looks like a lovely walk any time of the year. But maybe I would walk it in the daylight on Halloween. LOL! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a neighborhood that I'd definitely want to visit! You're so lucky to have the woods right outside your door!
    Happy Halloween!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kim...... this is the cutest post!!! I love the walk through that sweet gate.....and the walking trail is fantastic......it's such a blessing to have good neighbors, even if they are a little odd.
    Halloween hugs from Texas,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must say I love your neighborhood. I love the "country feeling" it has.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. We both have a lot of pine trees in our neck of the woods then. How about all those pine needles? I just had mine cleaned off the roof and in the gutters Friday.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute post Kim! I wouldn't mond taking a walk in your neighborhood.

    Hope you had a Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful...uh, unique neighborhood. Happy Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the walk Kim, Very interesting neighbors you have. I too love to hear the leaves crunching beneath my feet. Today was beautiful , and I took advantage of it too. Thank you for coming by and for taking the time to lave me a sweet comment.
    Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for the tour, Kim! Love the skeleton pirate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful place to walk! I love walking in the woods especially in the fall. Great photos!

    Have a great day,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL... What a great post! I loved it! You have some beautiful places to walk in your area. I don't know about those neighbors of yours. They look down right creep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think that is a beautiful walking trail, whether it is decorated for Halloween or not. Seems like a special neighborhood you live in. I really like wooded trails, especially this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for taking us along on your walk. Looks like a lovely area!
    Your neighbors do look a little odd. lol
    Hope you're having a good start to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have all that walking trail behind your house? Wow. I'm jealous as can be. And your real neighbors decorate the trail? Kinda scary...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Kim...such a beautiful walking trail! I would like to walk that trail now that the ghosts and goblins may have gone away! Thank you for sharing! I love having you stop by for a visit to my "little space"...such kind comments that you always share! Hugs ♥ Tery

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.