Saturday, September 22, 2012

Welcoming Fall



And so it was . . .
the first day of FaLL 2012.

 
Knowing that it won't be too much longer until the boat will be put away for the season, we decided to take advantage of the nice weather and go for a little cruise.

 
The mild temperatures and light breeze were ideal for the sailboats.  They were out in full force.


We tended to chug along the shore today looking for signs of fall color.  It's still early for that in these parts, but we did see little hints here and there.


My ulterior motive for shore hugging is getting the chance to check out the houses and gardens of those who live along the shores.  This pretty house caught my eye today.

When we spotted this tree we knew it was time to drop the anchor.
We stayed there talking and basking in the gentle breezes and sunny blue skies until the sun began to set and then we made our way home.
Home again, dinner eaten and hubby is watching the yelling at the football game on TV.  Aaah, fall . . .
welcome back. : -).
We have missed you.

 

14 comments:

  1. It looks like you had perfect weather to get out on the water! I know it's getting a lot cooler and we are hoping to be in NC soon to enjoy the Fall foliage. Happy Fall! Oh...and I love football, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, what gorgeous shots. Oh, to be a passenger on your boat today, what perfect weather! Happy Fall to you, color is coming slow but sure. Are you near Raleigh, NC? It would be great to meet you at the Southern Bloggers' Conference, I believe they have a few tickets left. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy first day of fall! Looks like you had a picture perfect day in your neck of the woods.

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like an absolutely perfect first day of fall for you! I replied to your comment on my "little space" about the acorns! Fall Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful day and that is a GREAT looking house! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ☺ I am so glad that my hubby doesn't enjoy football. He does enough yelling at the the news.

    Are you kidding me? You folks have that much color already? Maybe I need to get out and go looking again. Wish I knew someone with a boat instead of a kayak.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like looking at those houses too. What fun to do it from the boat. Our color is just starting also and it's cooler than usual for this time of year. In fact, I have a fire going this morning. I'm ready too!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great day and great way to spend the beginning of a season. Our weather was lovely, too...not even a hint of color yet, but if I'd had a sailboat......

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say it all the time, but I Love Fall!! I'm grateful for the cooler temps after the brutally hot and dry summer we've had. You captured some beautiful shots on the water and the day looked perfect. Happy Fall to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fall is my favorite time of the year and you found the perfect way to enjoy the first day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love looking at shore houses, too!
    Don't you love your lake and your boat? Thank you for sharing with us, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems like a nice way to spend the afternoon.
    Hope fall lasts long and we have a short winter! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. In my mind, the way you spent the day was the perfect way to welcome the Fall season. Boating, changing leaves. seeing the beautiful homes, and then watching football. What fun and what lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a perfect day out on the lake. Welcome autumn!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.