1. That guest room will be filled with guests tomorrow so it was high time we got that sign hung up. My brother & sister-in-law are traveling cross country to settle their youngest son into college here in NC. It's been a few years since we've seen each other so I'm super excited for their arrival. For old times sake I couldn't resist putting a photo of all of our children standing at the shore of Lake Huron many years ago.
2. The guest bathroom has been cleaned.
Dixie cup dispenser filled.
Soap dispenser filled.
3. I was pleased to discover that some of the hotel lotions I had stashed away fit in quite well with the decor. There was a time when Brett traveled fairly often on business trips. He had a habit of bringing home the little samples until I had to tell him to stop. They were piling up faster than we could possibly use them.
Once in a while, however, the samples are from places like Bath & Body Works or Aveda... those I still allow in the door ;D.
4. Tidying up the toilet paper.
5. Brand new bar of soap.
Glad I remembered to clear out the half used bar along with various bottles of shampoo and conditioner.
I remember an Oprah episode centered around getting your home ready for guests. Oprah made a point of recommending a fresh bar of soap. I guess I hadn't thought much about it at the time, but once I did I had to agree that it would be a good idea.
6. A candle for some evening ambiance and I think we are ready now.
Except for one final touch.
Just in case a sweet treat is in order.